Would you sell it for $175?

ZephyrBlue

I have DS's BV listed on CL- DOM is 08/07 and it has the Huntington cover. It's in perfect condition. I want to sell it to fund the Young Sport that I ordered (provided that I love the YS as much as I'm hoping to). I had listed it at $200 and I"ve had 3 people email me asking to go lower, say $175 or less, because they can get a new one for close to $200 shipped on ebay. I really really don't want to loose that much on the seat, since the YS was $240.

Would you sell it for $175 or less or just suck it up, use the BV (I don't hate it by any means, and DS likes it fine- I just want a baseless seat and have been drooling over a Young Sport for a lonnngg time ;) ) and call it a day?

ADS

skipspin

As long as it wasn't a financial harship I'd probably tell then $180 and call it a day. The YS is a really nice seat and if you really like it you will be happy. Plus, think of how long you can use it as a booster in the future! It makes it a $65 booster- not bad.

crunchierthanthou

I'd hold out a little longer. I'm not seeing anything on ebay that went for less than $200 + shipping. Maybe counter offer at $185 or something.

I just sold my 08/06 Jefferson Tan RA on CL for $150. I listed it at $165, included a spare cover that was somewhat faded and offered to deliver it (so I can help them install it ;) ).

babidius

You can get a new boulevard pretty cheap on ebay right now. I just bought a DOM 11/07 for $210 shipped and I saw 2 boulevards go for about $200 from the same ebayer I bought from.

ZephyrBlue

Okay, I just agreed to sell for $175. I really want that Young Sport :eek: I do need to sell something to cover the extra $65, as money is tight right now and I shouldn't take it out of the household $$. I wish someone would buy the FPSV booster! Maybe if I put it on CL for $25?

mamaofthree

Hmm, that's a tough one. If there really are brand new, factory sealed ones going on ebay for $200, then yeah, you might have to take less. Just depends on how desperate you are to sell. In my experience, people love to offer way less on CL than an item is worth, just to see if they can get it for cheap. If you've had 3 offers for $175, maybe counter offer a bit more to all three and see who will pay the most?

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC