What seat is this?

veggiegirl228

It looks like the tag says 99 but i'm not sure it just looks too old to be using it.... Saying something to them would do no good :thumbsdown:

DSCF6422.jpg

ADS

PixieEMT

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I just destroyed one on Wednesday! The Century 3000 DOM most likely the mid 1980s. The one I destroyed was 1985!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I used an axe with a wooden handle...bad idea everyone. The handle split and I ended up with two huge blood blisters on my hand! :( Use a hack saw instead!

I hope these links work.

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I just destroyed one on Wednesday! The Century 3000 DOM most likely the mid 1980s. The one I destroyed was 1985!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I used an axe with a wooden handle...bad idea everyone. The handle split and I ended up with two huge blood blisters on my hand! :( Use a hack saw instead!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! For a 1985, though, that's not in horrible condition, even with the mildew on the straps. But man oh man.

Hacksaws are hard work too. It didn't work so well when I was trying to destroy a seat.

I see the edge of another seat next to that one in your pictures. Were you having fun more than once? LOL

Wendy

PixieEMT

The 3000 had rust on the buckle too and the metal recline bar. That was a tough seat to break! Seems like a different type plastic not a softer type like the evenflo.

I had fun with a 1989 Evenflo OHS too! lol Found them at a local small flea market. I printed some propaganda off cpsafety.com and other sites about expired seats. The older guys that ran it had no clue seats "expire"...so they were very interested. I told them to not even sell seats period, it could end up costing them a lawsuit. Hopefully that worked but I'll keep and eye out.
They said "usually the seats people drop off are too dirty and beat up so we burn them." I said cut the strap and crack the shell in half. But, hell burning them sounds like it could be fun too!

Sara

DSC02900.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PixieEMT

Now, If I could only get that 1989 Fisher Price T shield car seat off our one local ambulance organization. They still use it! I need to get some info about expired seats and present it to the higher ups there. I know they're tight with a $, so they don't want to spend the $45 on a Scenera! :eek:

I sooooooo want that as a collectors item....or save it for teaching purposes.

Can anyone find some pics of that seat? My cousin 14 y/o now had that FP seat in pastel colors back in the early 90s.

Sara

Now, If I could only get that 1989 Fisher Price T shield car seat off our one local ambulance organization. They still use it! I need to get some info about expired seats and present it to the higher ups there. I know they're tight with a $, so they don't want to spend the $45 on a Scenera! :eek:

I sooooooo want that as a collectors item....or save it for teaching purposes.

Can anyone find some pics of that seat? My cousin 14 y/o now had that FP seat in pastel colors back in the early 90s.

Sara

swap them, Cosco for oldy?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I had fun with a 1989 Evenflo OHS too! lol Found them at a local small flea market. I printed some propaganda off cpsafety.com and other sites about expired seats. The older guys that ran it had no clue seats "expire"...so they were very interested. I told them to not even sell seats period, it could end up costing them a lawsuit. Hopefully that worked but I'll keep and eye out.
They said "usually the seats people drop off are too dirty and beat up so we burn them." I said cut the strap and crack the shell in half. But, hell burning them sounds like it could be fun too!

Ooh, I wonder how well they burn. I bet some gasoline would help that right along.

I need to start hitting my local flea markets. How much did you pay for those beauties?

Oh, to make your images work you need to type
. Otherwise it won't work. I've gone back and put them in your posts for you.

Wendy

Wendy

PixieEMT

I thought about grabbing a Touriva at Big Lots for 30$ and offering it up as bounty! lol
Even though the DOM is like 06 ish?

PixieEMT

I gave them 10$ for both. My mom said "Your crazy, I would have just asked for them." My DS said "You could have used that 10$ to buy seats for that teen mom house." ~ BTW That is another story for another day.

I remember seeing some old OHS models there and some really crappy looking seats in general. That was last year prior to my CPST training and learning about ERF and so on.
I'm thinking about calling them up and possibly giving a small "workshop" as they call it , to the moms. I think the workers would also benefit, since it seems they move the seats alot. They have them in the mud room (entrance) to the home. So, I think they move them in and out of the vehicles.

PixieEMT

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the one they have at our local ambulance!
I've got to photobucket that.
Sara

PixieEMT

I've seen people around my town still using these seats! I wanted to put up a "Wanted" poster in our local grocery stores/post offices and offer a bounty.
These seats need to be destroyed.

Sara

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC