Considering '08 Escape

popsicle

Anyone have any experience with this car? My mom has the 04 and loves it. I need to have 4 wheel drive. I can't envision a scenario where I'd need to have more than 3 car seats so I don't really need a minivan. I would LOVE to have a RAV-4 but I can get a killer deal on Fords so that's probably what it'll be. Does anyone have any :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: info on safety and car seat installation in these? I would need to put a Radian and/or a Marathon in it. FF, preferably in the middle rear seat.

ADS

mom2riley

I have an '01 and every car seat install is a breeze, Radian, Tourvina, Marathon, BV, Regent, Crappy Sport, Chase. Haven't had an issue yet. And I :love::love::love: my car. It is my favorite car I have ever had (and I have had many). If only it would grow a 3rd row it would be perfect, lol.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My mom had a 2001 and my SIL has a 2004. They both love/d theirs, but I have to say that it was REALLY hard to get a RF MA, RF Scenera, and backless Turbo in the backseat. I ended up having to put the Scenera FF, which I hated to do, in order to get all 3.

popsicle

If I ever do need to fit 3 across it would probably be 2 FF and 1 RF and one, maybe both of the FF would be Radians.

I'm also casually considering the Edge. I like the reclining rear seats. I'm not real keen on buying the first model year of any car though. Seems like there's always bugs to work out. Maybe on a lease though.. hmm....

TXAggieTech

We bought my mom an 05 and love it! Normally it has just a RA in it but has also had Regent, Laptop, Marathon, Scenera, Radian, Parkway and TurboBooster at one time or another. You can put a seat in the center with LATCH under certain conditions, you have to check first on width allowances.

Seat belts are cheap to replace and it has only be in the shop once for problems that weren't caused by a person. It has been in the shop quite a bit for damages done to it and our mechanic says it is easy to work on. The leather & cushion on the driver's seat has not held up like it should have.

popsicle

Well I've changed my mind and decided I think I want the Edge instead. Of course I probably won't get anything new until the '09s start coming out and they start offering big rebates on the '08s. So I may change my mind again by then. :D I know it's just new this year but does anyone have any info on istalling car seats in the Edge?

If you reconsider the Escape at that point, just remember the 09 Escape is the one that gets the better engine/drive train. The 08 is still working off what came with the car 7 years ago. I'd get the Edge if you can.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
What about a Taurus X (formerly Freestyle)? Too big? If not, you get great safety ratings, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC