New HWH seat...Special needs

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Wanted to share a new manufacturer was recently added to the car seat manufacturer list on SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A.
Merritt Manufacturing
PO Box 17152
Indianapolis, IN 46217
317-409-0148

This is thier seat.

ETA: OOH very pricey

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm sure no one minds you posting it again - now it's fresh, so anyone who missed it the first time has a chance to see it! :)

I just posted so you'd know why in case there weren't many responses.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am sure they don't mind either :) Thanks for showing me the other posts since I missed them.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It depends on your insurance and the child's condition, I think. If it were my child, and our current insurance, I'd start by calling the Roosevelt's manufacturer to see if they had any tips on how to get it covered.

L-and-A

i will talk to her at his 3 yr check up next week... im pretty sure i can get her to write it..hes almost 35lbs and has autism.. def not ready for a booster by any means and wont be for a long time

MsFacetious

My Pediatrician said he'd have no problem writing a prescription for it once they outgrow the Regents. Whether or not I could put two of them in any vehicle would be a different story altogether though...

I've been drooling over it for a while though. lol

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
DBK's mom is trying to get insurance to pay for one. So far, no luck. It has higher harness heights than the Britax version.

Leila

i will talk to her at his 3 yr check up next week... im pretty sure i can get her to write it..hes almost 35lbs and has autism.. def not ready for a booster by any means and wont be for a long time

My insurance denied me the seat, my son has Asperger's Syndrome along with a slew of other things going on. Some insurance companies simply don't view Autistic disorders as a "disability." I wound up paying out of pocket for the seat, though not the price listed. IMO, this seat is well worth the peace of mind I get having it for Debug.

My Pediatrician said he'd have no problem writing a prescription for it once they outgrow the Regents. Whether or not I could put two of them in any vehicle would be a different story altogether though...

I've been drooling over it for a while though. lol

Chelsae, I'm sure you could get two of these in a car...there's just be NO room in between them. It's really no wider than a Regent. I think the biggest issue will come in when you have to start double tethering the seat (80lbs, it's required as is the tilt [recline] bar). One nice thing is that LBP installs are allowed for ALL weights with this seat. I've only installed it in an '04 Santa Fe so far, but it was actually quite easy!

L-and-A

i contacted the company to see if they had any advice for me ... i am going to find a way to get i have a little time to come up with the money if i have too ... im also going to talk to my sons ei and see if she can get the state to fund it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC