Supernanny Tonight- little boy in Regent?

Auntie2Avi

On the 2nd episode of Supernanny tonight- from 10-11- I think the 3 year old boy was in a Regent. I could not tell what the older boys were sitting in because they were in the next row, but it looked like the youngest was in a Regent. Did anyone see? It looked like he was properly restrained which I was :D about, because so many kids are improperly restrained.

Does anyone know? I need help with my obsession!!

ADS

scatterbunny

YES!!! But to me, it looked like a Wicket Loden Husky. Am I crazy? I only looked away for a second, but when I looked back the van door was being closed and I only caught a glimpse.

OT of carseats, but man, what a show that was! :eek: I felt so bad for the older girls.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Both of the carseats I saw looked like regents to me. The one in the middle row looked like a sahara and the one in the back looked like onyx. I even paused it to get a better look. :) The one in the middle row had the lower anchor loose but other than that they looked good!!

Suzibeck

I just caught a glimpse but I thought the same thing, Husky or Regent.

The show itself just made me sick! I was glad to see the update at the end and I hope the changes are still holding. I don't even know what to say about the parents.:mad: Oldest dd watched with me and she said "Gosh, and I thought I had it bad." LOL. She is responsible for her own stuff (keep room picked up and do own laundry), for cleaning the bathroom and for very occasional babysitting. The babysitting never prevents her from going someplace she had planned and, if it not for the good of the family (like a trip to the grocery store), she gets paid. I guess it was eye opening for her, even though it was a very extreme situation. Those poor girls!

NOAHSMOM

I noticed the seats too, it was surprising to see good carseat use on that episode (or any SN episode). The situation was pretty upsetting, I would say quite neglectful. I was surprised that the parents agreed to be on the show and participate. Hopefully the parents keep hiring babysitters for their younger children so that the older can at least complete school. I can see once the girls are 18 that they will not have much contact with their family and will most likely make up for their lost teenage years.

Did anyone watch Wife Swap? Now that pagent family really bothered me!

scatterbunny

I only got a second of it, it probably was a Sahara Regent, the Wicket Loden Husky (that I thought it was) is tan, also. Not the same shade, but again, I only saw it for a split second. :p

That pageant family on Wife Swap made me sick. :mad: The dad, not giving his dd any encouragement except on her looks...just wow. Poor girl. It's no wonder she comes across as a stereotypical snobby Barbie girl. :( I don't think it's her fault, I could see little glimpses of a real girl in there somewhere, but those parents were horrible people. I'm not usually so judgmental, but those are some folks I would not be able to be around, period. :(

RJB78

CPST Instructor
A few years ago, a brief second shot of a car seat would have never caught my attention. These days, though, I pay attention! I was totally surprised that parents who seem to care so little had Britaxes in their van! But glad!

The feminist mom on Wife Swap nailed it with the pageant dad - he was a bully. I feel so sorry for his dd! And the pageant mom kept saying how sheltered the feminist family was? Has she taken a good look at HER family?

NOAHSMOM

The feminist mom on Wife Swap nailed it with the pageant dad - he was a bully. I feel so sorry for his dd! And the pageant mom kept saying how sheltered the feminist family was? Has she taken a good look at HER family?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I couldn't stand either of those parents. They are sending a child out into the world who has no skills whatsoever except knowing how to be pretty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC