DN needs a new seat

sb518

She's only got about 1/2-1 inch of growth left in the marathon, even though she is only 42 lbs :rolleyes: So we went to USAbaby tonight to test some seats out. I need some opinions.

She HATED the regent, I had to bribe her just to let me buckle her in to get a picture. She said it was "embarrassing" lol and tried to convince me that it wouldn't even fit in my car.

Well I'll just show you the pictures, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

She LOVED the signo wanted me to buy it but I said she'll grow out of it too fast.

43795af2.jpg

2eb5944c.jpg

19b99d38.jpg

2f0f4415.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the radian and DN didn't like it either, plus the straps would already have to be at the top slot for her. (We tried.)

I really loved the way the young style fit her, it kept the lap belt nice and snug across her hips/thighs.

And after all the recaro bashing I've been doing... :eek:

I only drive with this particular niece probably 5-6 times a year and inbetween that I would need to store it somewhere, which makes the radian a bit of a pain.

SHe begged me to buy the tiffany parkway when I told her the signo was a no-go, but I wasn't going to pay USAbabys "Sale" price of $99.99 :rolleyes:

What do you think????

Oh.. and her mother has her in a backless booster. Ughhh!

ADS

arly1983

How old is she?

ETA: I hate to say this: but I would get a Nautilis

Shouldn't be embaressing for her because it looks like a booster and she should have 2 ins of growing room in it. You have some time to track one down.

katiesmommy

Is there a reason why the Regent was embarrasing for her? The it looks like a baby seat thing wouldn't make sense to me only because you said she like the Signo, and that looks way more like a baby seat then the Regent to me anyway. Curriosity. The Nautilis and Radian would have the same harness height, so if you don't want the Radian because of harness height, then that would rule out the Nautilis too. Although, like Arly said, it would get you 2" in torso height, that could at least get you another year.

scatterbunny

I, too, am confused why she wouldn't like a Regent and finds it embarrassing, but likes the Signo. :confused: Not that I expect a child's reasoning to be easy to understand. :p

How old is she?

Jordynsmama

Yeah to me the regent looks way more "big girlish" compared with the signo....the regent sits flat in the car and has no wings...It looks like it fits her well.

If you dont have to much though I would just get a PW-she looks pretty big.

scatterbunny

As long as she's 4+ and mature enough to use the booster properly at all times (hopefully so, since she's in a backless booster in mom's car), I'd probably go with a booster. I'm a cheapskate and for a booster used 5-6 times a year I'd probably go with the $30 Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster from Albee Baby, but if you want a nicer seat that will last longer/adjust taller, look at the Parkway (it's been on sale lately for $50-$60) or Recaro Vivo. The Vivo positions the lapbelt nice and low like the Young Style. The only thing I don't like about the Vivo and Young Style is how short the seat depth is. :( The Parkway doesn't look much better (in your photos), but the Vivo looks to position the belt better.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I bet she didn't like the Regent because it was black.

Try showing her a pink one! :D

Will the Regent be handed down when she outgrows it? If so, I'd prefer that.

melniemi

I agree - it was embarrassing because it was a 'boy's' seat!!

sb518

That was EXACTLY it!! Ahh I'll just wait until the britax sale and see if I have made my mind up by then. :rolleyes:

Defrost

You can show her the Regent girly cover on their wesite www.britaxusa.com

I don't know that I'd choose the Regent for the use you'll be doing, though, honestly. Maybe if it was going to be handed down. Will it stay installed in your car? I hate lugging mine in & out of the house!

katiesmommy

Ha, funny, I came in her and posted that because I had a feeling that she was embarassed by it because it was "ugly" black. I agree, try showing her that it comes in the pretty pink cover.

sb518

She LOVES the pink. :love: It would be passed down to the 2 nieces behind her who are 35 and 29 pounds right now. It would probably stay installed in my car for the most part, definitely after the youngest hits the 33 pound mark. Then I would just use it all the time and maybe sell the marathon until I need another RF'ing seat for nephew.

Hmmmmm I just can't make up my mind. :confused:

Part of me says do the $30 cheapo but the thought of her being killed if ONE of those 5 times I drive with her we were in a horrible accident.

I'm just super paranoid.

Defrost

Can you afford it? Not maxing out a CC, or going without food or new tires or anything?

We do the best we can - sometimes that's a $30 seat, sometimes it's a $300 seat. :thumbsup: either way.

melniemi

Then I would do it! Especially since it can be used for other kids as well. And eventually you can sell the ma to offset part of the cost.

ZephyrBlue

If you're going to get more use out of it than 5-6 times per year, I'd go with the Regent. But honestly, at her age and since she's used to riding in a booster, I'd probably buy a Parkway on sale if the Regent won't get a lot more use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC