Those of you with a Chinese-made carseat...

southpawboston

can you look at the tags sewn onto the harness straps? do they say "made in china"? i'm curious about it. i was looking at the IMMI LATCH clips on the signo and even though they say "IMMI" on them, the LATCH strap tag sewn onto the end of the strap says "made in china". also, the adjuster strap has a tag that says "made in china".

i am curious if all carseats made in china have straps that are also made in china, or if some of them have US-made straps.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

not a chinese made seat, but my US made britax has "made in mexico" on some of the IMMI parts. Interesting that they have a chinese facility as well.

Mama!

now that you mention it, I saw Mexico on one of our harness straps, I thought. I'll look as soon as it's not 1 degree outside (BRRR_

ccjones

My short-strapped Radian (DOM 9/05) has "Made in China" on the sticker with the serial number and DOM, but it has an IMMI harness system and the tag on it says it was made in the USA. Not sure about my two newer Radians (12/06 and 5/07), though; I'll have to check out the tags on those harness systems tomorrow.

Also, I happen to have a SafeStop (DOM 6/06) sitting here on my computer desk, which is made by IMMI. The SafeStop was also made in the USA.

Last edited:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Also, I happen to have a SafeStop (DOM 6/06) sitting here on my computer desk, which is made by IMMI. The SafeStop was also made in the USA.

You almost gave me a heart attack - I read your post and thought "Hey, I actually have one right here in my pocket right now... no, I put it on the desk when I washed my coat... next to my gloves that I fished out of the trash under the desk... OMG I have TWO WEEKS of trash sitting out on the curb to be picked up at 6am and the SafeStop is in there somewhere!!!!"

Then I remembered that after fishing my gloves out of the trash, I put the SafeStop back with the boot so it would be safe.

*pant pant* *breathe breathe*

southpawboston

My SS1 straps were made in China, but they have a tag saying AMSAFE on them, not IMMI.

is the SS1 made in china or in the US? do any other US-made seats have straps made in china?

personally, i'd rather have a china-assembled seat with US parts than a US-assembled seat with chinese-made parts.

dd9736

my replacement safestop says made in USA, i have a sick baby, so can't go out to check the rest of the seat.

Ashley_R

I think Dorel seats are made in china but I'm not sure. I cant find it on any of the stickers. The harness adjustor strap on my 2004 Tourvina says it was made in china and engineered for dorel. All harness itself does not have a tag on it and the tether has one with routing intructions but it does not mention where it was made.

ccjones

SPB, I thought I read your OP wrong. You asked about the tags on the harness straps, but then you mentioned the LATCH clips on the Signo.

My DOM 9/05 Radian has "SafeGuard" imprinted in the black plastic on both LATCH clips. There's a tag on the strap just above one of the LATCH clips which has the following info: Made by IMMI, lot number, and Manufactured in USA.

crunchierthanthou

I think Dorel seats are made in china but I'm not sure. I cant find it on any of the stickers. The harness adjustor strap on my 2004 Tourvina says it was made in china and engineered for dorel. All harness itself does not have a tag on it and the tether has one with routing intructions but it does not mention where it was made.

not all- there's a plant in Indiana

At Dorel's car-seat factory in Columbus, Ind., letters from families who credit the firm's seats with saving their children's lives cover a wall.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...l=chi-news-hed

southpawboston

SPB, I thought I read your OP wrong. You asked about the tags on the harness straps, but then you mentioned the LATCH clips on the Signo.

My DOM 9/05 Radian has "SafeGuard" imprinted in the black plastic on both LATCH clips. There's a tag on the strap just above one of the LATCH clips which has the following info: Made by IMMI, lot number, and Manufactured in USA.

right. my LATCH clips also have "safeguard" imprinted on them, but then the strap sewn onto the clips say "made in china" :confused:

crunchierthanthou

'04 Graco Snugride-

base and shell made in USA
LATCH strap made in China
IMMI harness made in Mexico
cover made in Mexico

'05 Cosco Scenera-

shell made in USA
harness made in China
LATCH strap made in China
cover made in Mexico
tether doesn't say, but I could venture a guess :rolleyes:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My SafeStop doesn't have a "made-in" tag anywhere on it. :confused:

The Radian LATCH strap has an IMMI tag that says "assembled in Mexico."

The Husky top-tether strap also says Mexico.

ETA: The Husky LATCH straps don't have a label I can find. The harness has one, but the "made in" part seems to have been sewn into the seam.

Last edited:

southpawboston

wow. interesting info.

we have china-made radians with mexican-assembled straps. we have US-made britaxes and gracos with mexican or chinese-made straps.

let's keep 'em coming, folks!

ccjones

My SafeStop doesn't have a "made-in" tag anywhere on it. :confused:

I have an older style SafeStop that does NOT have the black sleeve over it. That's probably why I can see the IMMI tag.

If it weren't so cold, I'd go out to the vehicles and check the harness and LATCH straps on our newer Radians. I wonder the newer Radians no longer have IMMI straps (LATCH and harness) that were made in the USA?

If I remember, I'll check tomorrow morning when I leave for work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC