Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Britax Combination seat???

Is there going to be one? I thought I read something about it. With all the excitement about the Graco Nautilus, I thought maybe someone had insight on Britax. I'm hoping they have one soon. They should've done it before the Apex and Nautilus. Britax's might be a lot more expensive - although maybe it'll be worth it.

Any news from anyone?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST Instructor

Re: Britax Combination seat???

I have not heard anything about a combo seat but to be honest I don't think Britax would sale a lot. I think with the convertibles & Regent & Monarch they got both areas covered pretty good. In general most kids outgrow the convertibles around 5-6yrs of age and are old enough to move on to a good high back booster. Then there are parents like us that want an even higher weight limit then the convertibles and will get the Regent. Once the kids outgrow that round 8-10yrs of age we move on to a booster if at all.

No matter what a parent still has to buy a convertible and with the higher weight limit convertibles there really is no need for a combo seat. All it will do is encourage parents to turn kids ff'ing to soon.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Thanks for the reply. I thought I read on here somewhere that they had one 'in the makes' or something? I couldn't find it so maybe I dreamt it

I thought I heard sometime last year about a combination seat similar to the monarch booster but with a harness on it. Haven't heard anything official on it though.

So maybe I wasn't dreaming?

I would like to see Britax release something similar to the old Fisher Price Futura, but as a combo seat, that has a narrow footprint and nice open belt guides, but a low profile (no base) and really good head excursion numbers.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley