Status
Not open for further replies.

MySillyKids

BOX PICS!!

g4.jpg

g3.jpg

g2.jpg

G1.jpg

I did open the box, to TOUCH it.. but got yelled at LOL!

I decided NOT to buy it, because there's NO info on it ANYWHERE.. and even Graco has no clue.. Ugh..

We really dont need a new seat.... Yet...
:whistle:

it had a DOM of 11/11/07!!

ADS

skaterbabs

Why the heck would they put a 30 lb minimum on the blasted BOOSTER when it has that maximum for the harness? :mad:

skaterbabs

Well, it harnesses to 65 lbs, so I'd like to have seen a 45 lb limit for the booster. And 50 lbs for the backless.

MySillyKids

Hah! I have the same beef with the Apex. It says:

Product Features:
• For children 22-65 lbs with extended use harness system
• For children 40-100 lbs as belt positioning booster

Yea, makes NO sense!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member

Product Features:

Yea, makes NO sense!

It's for those skinny kids like mine that will outgrow the harness by 40lbs and need to use it as a booster. ;)

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
It's for those skinny kids like mine that will outgrow the harness by 40lbs and need to use it as a booster. ;)

Yep, Ilana is only 48lbs and has about an inch of torso height left before her shoulders are above the harness in the RN (I know, she's fine according to the manual :p). BUT, she has friends who are (much) taller and weigh less.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Please post back here if they have it - it would be worth a trip for me to look at it! :)

Will do. This is the WalMart that has such a small selection of seats that I won't hold my breath about it ever being there. I never saw the Uptown carried there, either. :(

USmominOz

I may just have to buy one when I go home. I love the fact that it turns into a booster.

Does anyone know if it has a top tether since it has a harness? I know that my cargo did.

I think I will like this so much better than my Radian, since I can't get a great install in dh's car. Maybe I can find someone who would want my Radian here or in NZ if I were to get this.

USmominOz

Can someone let me know what the box dimensions and weight is? I want to see how much it would cost to ship to Au. I have a friend who lives in the Phoenix area who can send me one.

Dh will *ill me if I get another seat. My friend is about to have #4 and she wants to buy my Blvd from me. It would cover the cost of it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Product Features:

Yea, makes NO sense!

LOL, that's the one thing I like about the Apex...they had the guts to buck the 30lb trend and have a 40lb minimum. If it had a higher booster minimum, that would just encourage misuse by thinner children (like the 41 pound 7 yo noted above....)

Boo on Graco with 30 :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I may just have to buy one when I go home. I love the fact that it turns into a booster.

Does anyone know if it has a top tether since it has a harness? I know that my cargo did.

I think I will like this so much better than my Radian, since I can't get a great install in dh's car. Maybe I can find someone who would want my Radian here or in NZ if I were to get this.

Yes, all harnessed seats in the US have had top tethers since 1999 (except the Futura, which didn't need one...I only mention it because people like to pick on me, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC