New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaofthree

Well my Walmart didn't have them. I don't know what I thought I saw yesterday. :confused: I am seriously going crazy trying to decide whether to preorder the TrueFit or wait for this. I can get the TrueFit for $166, which isn't much more than this, and I have a feeling it might be more comfortable. My dd is 3.5 though, so wondering if this makes more financial sense. Ahhhhhh! Maybe I'll get one of each- TrueFit for the 3.5 yo and the Nautilus for my 6 yo. Dh is gonna kill me.

Kimberly

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I am not offended. I am just trying to show that sometimes torso height might not always be an accurate indication of when a seat is outgrown. Different kids can fit differently in a seat depending on the way they sit in it and how it is installed.

I do understand how kids fit differently... after all, I'm a tech and do seat checks for people/various kids all the time. ;)

I just am having difficulty picturing a 12.5" torso child outgrowing the FPSVD by height... now if we were talking about the old Evenflo Triumph, I wouldn't be confused. :D

lovinwaves

3 1/2 years old ~ 30lbs ~ 13.5" torso ~ 37inch height ~ 21inch seated height =

Plen-T-y of room :D

e827c4b8.jpg
e827be9b.jpg

keri1292

Here is my 4 year old with an almost 13" torso RFing in a MA. I just can't imagine a child with a smaller torso not fitting. That would be a crazy long neck/head. :confused: I'd really like to see some pics as this is the first time I've heard of this. (Excuse my powerwashed house!)

tennis050.jpg

cropped-2.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oooh, I'm loving the looks of this seat. :)

My ds who you can see in my siggy has @ a 13.5" torso and has oodles of room still. :shrug-shoulders:

My dd was 38" tall when she outgrew her MA by weight. She had almost outgrown it by height at the same time though. So she probably had about a 14.5" torso then if I had to guess...

There used to be a FPSV seat and a FPSVD - maybe it was the FPSV seat that was outgrown rf'ing? (just brainstorming. ;))

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, I'm loving the looks of this seat. :)

My ds who you can see in my siggy has @ a 13.5" torso and has oodles of room still. :shrug-shoulders:

My dd was 38" tall when she outgrew her MA by weight. She had almost outgrown it by height at the same time though. So she probably had about a 14.5" torso then if I had to guess...

There used to be a FPSV seat and a FPSVD - maybe it was the FPSV seat that was outgrown rf'ing? (just brainstorming. ;))

Remember when I said last week that it was impossible for a kid to outgrow the MA by height RF? I was thinking about the olden days when we were allowed to follow the manual :)rolleyes:) and go till the tops of the ears were even with the top of the seat RF...go on, try to imagine THAT kid weighing under 33 pounds...:whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Remember when I said last week that it was impossible for a kid to outgrow the MA by height RF? I was thinking about the olden days when we were allowed to follow the manual :)rolleyes:) and go till the tops of the ears were even with the top of the seat RF...go on, try to imagine THAT kid weighing under 33 pounds...:whistle:

Very rare, but that would have been Aiden. :D That child is closing in on 6 years old and is still only 36lbs!!

ZephyrBlue

My 7.5yo just hit 41lbs within the past few months! I thought she was going to be 30-something lbs all during elementary school!

Mama!

I disagree with this.

14" torso may be tall for a 22month old, my 3yr old has a 14" torso and he could still fit rf in a EFTA, MA or a Radian (so there are seats out there) if he wasn't over the weight limit. Once the seat is in the vehicle and reclined there could definately be more room to rf in.

RF is the safest way to ride and it is recommended to rf to the max rf limits of the seat.

YEah that.

My ds has a torso of at least 14.75 and has TONS of RF grow room in an Uptown, a Como and a Signo.

mom2boys

In your title you call yourself a CPS Advocate, u know your situation best. If you think it will fit him good & dont want to rf anymore- why not get it... then get a good booster later too. Still a good deal on a HWH seat w/ tall top slots!

I don't know what the titles mean, as I didn't title myself a CPS Advocate. It must be something assigned from the website. I have been on this site for about 6ish months now, and I have learned a TON from this site, but I am not an expert in car seats by any means.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I better go with a convertible, and am hoping my broad shouldered boys will fit in the True Fit.

This Nautilius does look like an awesome seat. I will go to our Walmart tomorrow and if they have any I will let you guys know.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The CPS Advocate title means the poster has reached a certain post count here, 100 posts. It's one of several display titles that will change based on your post count over time. :)

DiaSmall

Well... thats neat... :)

I wish I could copy my post count over from BBC... I have over 4000 posts there now!

hehe.. should I be proud or ashamed! I have no life.

I WANT THIS SEAT.
My 4 local walmarts do not have it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm pretty sure my local WalMart won't have it, either, but I'm still tempted to go there and double check, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC