New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

ZephyrBlue

Argghh! Don't torture us! If your WM has one, you're sort of obligated to buy it, out of solidarity for the rest of us whose WMs are Nautilus-less!! :rolleyes::D

Mumoflittleguys

Perfect! If it can fit as one of the 3 across in the back of the Vibe, it's the perfect solution to the less than expensive car seat/hb booster dilemma. :thumbsup:

JOII

Looks great! I am so tempted to go buy this! DS does need a new seat since he has just a smidgen left before he outgrows his Scenera (second seat) but I really shouldnt be spending the money... hmm...

bombedier

Senior Community Member
This looks a great seat - I have added it to the foundation's website as a recommendation. I am also going to place a call with Graco and see about this as an option for donation for the foundation. Yipee! I am excited!!!

mom2boys

I like it, but I am wondering a few things:

1. Doesn't it look like it is awfully high? Can you see out your back window if you don't own a mini van (I have a Camry)?
2. My DS is 22 months old, 26 lbs., and 14 inch torso. Will this seat be too big for him to use right now as a back up seat in our second car? I was thinking of buying the True Fit, but this one looks like it will be more versatile for us in the long haul.

Anyone's thoughts?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I don't think it's going to block your view any more than any other high back booster on the market.

For your son...since he's less than 2 and 30 pounds, I'd like to see him remain RF. I'm sure most others here would say the same. If you were to get it now...it would expire long before it's outgrown...so you'd need to buy something else.

Susan

Midwife@heart

I was just saying in another forum that I still think this seat will be great only for those that buy a short shell convertible like the Cosco Scenera or for those that don't want to erf no matter what you tell them.

ZephyrBlue

I bet it will. The Turbo Booster and the CarGo do; I can't imagine that they would make a more advanced seat that doesn't have EPS foam.

ThreeBeans

1. Doesn't it look like it is awfully high? Can you see out your back window if you don't own a mini van (I have a Camry)?
2. My DS is 22 months old, 26 lbs., and 14 inch torso. Will this seat be too big for him to use right now as a back up seat in our second car? I was thinking of buying the True Fit, but this one looks like it will be more versatile for us in the long haul.

Anyone's thoughts?

This seat really isn't appropriate for your little guy. I'd recommend going for a convertible :thumbsup:

BabyKaykes

Anyone's thoughts?

I'm going to have to disagree with others here and say that as a BACK UP seat I think it would be fine. But I'd definately leave him RF in the main car. With a 14" torso there can't be too many seats that will keep him RF too much longer, anyway.

DiaSmall

mom of 2 boys-

i let my 22mo, feb 06 baby, ride ff in dh car... but prefer him rf in our primary vehicle... at least most of the time. Its a coupe, so sometimes (like when Grandna goes w/ us) we turn him ff for the extra 2 inches of space up front.

I was thinking of getting him one of these seats... but decided that it would be better to get 1 now for my 3yo to use in DH car... and in a year or two get one, or similar, for my Feb baby so it wont expire way before he outgrows it.
Way I figure it he'll be 8yo when the seat expires... unless the lifespan is longer & we dont know it. I want him to be in a booster as long as he needs one. (Probably till age 10ish based on his growth)
I dont know, I still plan to buy a few more boosters later... :) I'm torn too... it does look awesome.

In your title you call yourself a CPS Advocate, u know your situation best. If you think it will fit him good & dont want to rf anymore- why not get it... then get a good booster later too. Still a good deal on a HWH seat w/ tall top slots!

OK... I need verification on the expiration date!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
With a 14" torso there can't be too many seats that will keep him RF too much longer, anyway.

I disagree with this.

14" torso may be tall for a 22month old, my 3yr old has a 14" torso and he could still fit rf in a EFTA, MA or a Radian (so there are seats out there) if he wasn't over the weight limit. Once the seat is in the vehicle and reclined there could definately be more room to rf in.

RF is the safest way to ride and it is recommended to rf to the max rf limits of the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC