New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaSmall

I do really like it. I was debating this and the True Fit.... but I dont need a rear facing seat or really like the idea of getting the first convertable from Compass.

Origionally I wanted the Radian because it looked more "grown up".... but it didnt work in my car at all & I had to send it back.

So now... the Graco seat looks Mature, has the 18" top slots, & converts to HBB & LBB... and has CUP HOLDERS that are in a good spot... and it costs less than the other 2 seats I wanted!

Good Job Graco!

Oh Oh... and the belt path is far enough away I think I can get a locking clip in there no problem!!! :)

Great... now I want to buy 4 of them... hahaha... and I have two perfectly good FPSVD & a Scenera.... and my kids are only 2 & 3.5yo!

ADS

MomToEliEm

For the original poster, can you tell me how tall the seatbelt adjuster goes go when in it's highest position when used as a high back booster? I am hoping it will adjust taller then a lot of the other boosters on the market.

crunchierthanthou

I'm getting more excited about this seat.

OP/Brendan's Mom:

Did you try it with both seatbelt and LATCH?

What's the LATCH limit?

Is it FAA approved?

Is it prototype, or are those weight limits on all models?

Momto1bigkiddo

Wow this seat looks great! I also just noticed it states the 65 lb harness weight limit right on the comfort pads, super visible for parents to see. :thumbsup:

Stretchy Glue

Wow this seat looks great! I also just noticed it states the 65 lb harness weight limit right on the comfort pads, super visible for parents to see. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: That might just be my favorite feature! I can't count how many times I've told parents that the AOE DOES NOT GO TO 100 LBS! I want to see more!

Stretchy Glue

What is the minimum weight/height? Could I possibly reco this seat to a parent AFTER their baby has outgrown a Safe Seat 1? If a baby could make it to 30 lbs rf, then transition to this, that would only be 2 seats! I think I'm in love:love:

Mommy090804

Does anyone know if this seat will be available in Canada? It looks really cool and I would love to buy one if it was.

That would be great! We have an UltraCargo which I like for the fact that it harnesses to 48lbs and has high top harness slots. Downsides: the difficult to tighten harness adjuster and those crazy belt guides.

Do you think this will replace the Ultra and Platinum Cargos? Much nicer seat! (Where is the drooling "smilie"?):cool!:

mamaofthree

What is the minimum weight/height? Could I possibly reco this seat to a parent AFTER their baby has outgrown a Safe Seat 1? If a baby could make it to 30 lbs rf, then transition to this, that would only be 2 seats! I think I'm in love:love:

That would be a dream, but I don't think most people make it to 30 lbs in the SS1, because they outgrow it by height. My avg size ds outgrow it at 13 or 14 months.

Kimberly

I think it looks yuk. JMTCW :twocents: though.
Has anyone got or seen the true-fit yet? I think it is being held up to NZ :(
However the MA is doing just fine atm.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does anyone know if this seat will be available in Canada? It looks really cool and I would love to buy one if it was.

Another Canadian tech told me that she heard it was presented to TC for approval/certification in Canada. :thumbsup: Let's hope!!!

crunchierthanthou

I had the same thought, but with the EFTA. That pair wouldn't have some conveniece features of a more expensive arrangement (infant seat portability, rf tether or lock-offs), but would certainly get a child from birth to seatbelt age and size for around $300.

DiaSmall

Tasha,
Might I ask how hard it is to remove the cover for washing? If I'm gonna use a seat for at least 5-6 years it better be durable & easy to take off...

Also, does the harness seem thick enough not to become twisty? Just looking at it in the pictures it looks aweful thin & lightweight. Can u compare it to the Regent & Radians harness straps thicknesses & tell me if its thiner/about the same?

Sorry to bombard you with ?s... but in my area I dont get the new stuff till last it seems.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If you spot one, tell me where it is...! I'll keep a lookout, too. :happy-wavehello:

Excellent! :):thumbsup:

Sometime this week, I will try to make it to the three Wal-Marts that are closest for me (Burke, Fairfax, Sterling). I would call them to find out if they have it, but I have never had success with that strategy. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC