Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

Re: New Graco Nautilus

I do really like it. I was debating this and the True Fit.... but I dont need a rear facing seat or really like the idea of getting the first convertable from Compass.

Origionally I wanted the Radian because it looked more "grown up".... but it didnt work in my car at all & I had to send it back.

So now... the Graco seat looks Mature, has the 18" top slots, & converts to HBB & LBB... and has CUP HOLDERS that are in a good spot... and it costs less than the other 2 seats I wanted!

Good Job Graco!

Oh Oh... and the belt path is far enough away I think I can get a locking clip in there no problem!!!

Great... now I want to buy 4 of them... hahaha... and I have two perfectly good FPSVD & a Scenera.... and my kids are only 2 & 3.5yo!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

For the original poster, can you tell me how tall the seatbelt adjuster goes go when in it's highest position when used as a high back booster? I am hoping it will adjust taller then a lot of the other boosters on the market.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I'm getting more excited about this seat.

OP/Brendan's Mom:

Did you try it with both seatbelt and LATCH?

What's the LATCH limit?

Is it FAA approved?

Is it prototype, or are those weight limits on all models?

CPS Technician

I'm thinking I might need to find one of these for daycare. That and a Scenera.

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot201 View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!

I WANT to see this seat in real life!

I also want to know how high those top slots are. PLEASE let them be at least 18". Please....
    If you spot one, tell me where it is...! I'll keep a lookout, too.

DS|2002|FF in Britax Frontier 85 and Graco TurboBooster
    DD|2007|FF in two Britax Frontier 85's

Wow this seat looks great! I also just noticed it states the 65 lb harness weight limit right on the comfort pads, super visible for parents to see.
    Katie, proud mom to one brilliant boy.
    4 years old, 44'' tall, 16.25'' torso, 42 lbs.
    Riding in a Britax Regent - Onyx

oh man! that looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan's Mom View Post
    They aren't in the stores yet, but I was told they should be arriving soon. I haven't heard what the price will be either. If I get more info I will post it.
    Wow, that looks very cool! How did you snag one?

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

i think i may have to have me some love of this seat too!

Quote Originally Posted by Momto1bigkiddo View Post
    Wow this seat looks great! I also just noticed it states the 65 lb harness weight limit right on the comfort pads, super visible for parents to see.
    That might just be my favorite feature! I can't count how many times I've told parents that the AOE DOES NOT GO TO 100 LBS! I want to see more!
    Joni
    Sunshine, 11, 5'3", 100 lbs in a 15.5" saddle

What is the minimum weight/height? Could I possibly reco this seat to a parent AFTER their baby has outgrown a Safe Seat 1? If a baby could make it to 30 lbs rf, then transition to this, that would only be 2 seats! I think I'm in love
    Joni

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCanada View Post
    Does anyone know if this seat will be available in Canada? It looks really cool and I would love to buy one if it was.
    That would be great! We have an UltraCargo which I like for the fact that it harnesses to 48lbs and has high top harness slots. Downsides: the difficult to tighten harness adjuster and those crazy belt guides.

Do you think this will replace the Ultra and Platinum Cargos? Much nicer seat! (Where is the drooling "smilie"?)
    DD (10y&68lbs&132cm) - Harmony LB booster
    DS (8y&50lbs&117cm) - Britax Parkway SG and Compass B505C

CPS Fanatic

does the manual state that you can keep it installed w/LATCH while using it in booster mode?
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

SO many questions for one poor owner! I keep coming back but the poor, sole owner can't keep up with us!
    Joni

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchy Glue View Post
    What is the minimum weight/height? Could I possibly reco this seat to a parent AFTER their baby has outgrown a Safe Seat 1? If a baby could make it to 30 lbs rf, then transition to this, that would only be 2 seats! I think I'm in love

That would be a dream, but I don't think most people make it to 30 lbs in the SS1, because they outgrow it by height. My avg size ds outgrow it at 13 or 14 months.

Kimberly

CPS Fanatic

I think it looks yuk. JMTCW though.
    Has anyone got or seen the true-fit yet? I think it is being held up to NZ
    However the MA is doing just fine atm.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCanada View Post
    Does anyone know if this seat will be available in Canada? It looks really cool and I would love to buy one if it was.
    Another Canadian tech told me that she heard it was presented to TC for approval/certification in Canada. Let's hope!!!
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchy Glue View Post
    I had the same thought, but with the EFTA. That pair wouldn't have some conveniece features of a more expensive arrangement (infant seat portability, rf tether or lock-offs), but would certainly get a child from birth to seatbelt age and size for around $300.

Carseat Crazy

Tasha,
    Might I ask how hard it is to remove the cover for washing? If I'm gonna use a seat for at least 5-6 years it better be durable & easy to take off...

Also, does the harness seem thick enough not to become twisty? Just looking at it in the pictures it looks aweful thin & lightweight. Can u compare it to the Regent & Radians harness straps thicknesses & tell me if its thiner/about the same?

Sorry to bombard you with ?s... but in my area I dont get the new stuff till last it seems.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMom View Post
    If you spot one, tell me where it is...! I'll keep a lookout, too.
    Excellent!

Sometime this week, I will try to make it to the three Wal-Marts that are closest for me (Burke, Fairfax, Sterling). I would call them to find out if they have it, but I have never had success with that strategy.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...