New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

This seat sounds perfect for van between daycare and kindergarten for DD1 this fall! :) I didn't want to put her in a booster for that quite yet.

ADS

mom2boys

From the newest pics, it looks like the harness straps are a little close to the neck- kind of like the Radian seats. Does this appear to be the case?

ben&jakesmum

Hi,
I'm new here but was wondering about this seat.

My son is the same age as yours and is about the same height and weight. From your pictures it looks like he is on the 2nd to last slot. Is this right?

Do you think the seat is comparable in quality and safety to the Radian or Regent. Ben is on the last slot of his MA so I will need to get him a new seat soon and I like that this converts to a booster so it's an option but I don't want to feel like I'm compromising anything when I've been spoiled by Britax:D

Thanks

CaseyRN

I'm in Greenville, SC and checked Walmart tonight. No Nautilus, though. Now they also had a TON of the daisy and brown Sceneras! I saw probably atleast 25!

Mylilboyblue

Cause of this thread, and the fact I work at Buy Buy Baby in NJ, I checked or computer system and while we don't have any instock YET, we have 12 on order. We just started to get shipment of Graco's 2008 line so I expect it here in the next couple of weeks. Our cover choice is called "Matrix". The price is the same as Walmart $149.99, but I am curious to see how our model compares to BRU and the discount stores. We are generally a more expensive store and carry the higer end models of brands. For example...we have every model and pattern of Britax, even the Couture line. Anyway, once we get them in stock I will take pictures of the floor model to see if it is different.

Too bad I can't buy them for you guys with my 20% discount and ship them out! :D

mamaofthree

Do we know what the Walmart cover is called? I really hope there are some cute and well cushioned ones available. I still can't believe these are in stores and not anywhere online! It's driving me crazy. Good thing dd goes back to school and dh back to work next week- my life will be crazy busy again and it will help time fly while I'm waiting for all the new carseat releases.

Kimberly

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
:doh: I don't need a new seat....I DON'T need a new seat.....I DON'T NEED A NEW SEAT!!!!!!

tl01

If your RF seat cuts off more of your vision than a booster at it's tallest setting, I would be concerned. My point is that SOMETHING will be blocking your vision for years to come, and if you thing a convertible seat is bad you will be miserable when your kid is in a Monarch (for example) at it's tallest setting. :twocents:

Why should I be concerned since my vision can't really be blocked anymore. I really think that it depends upon the car and seat set up. I'm 5'11" tall (so it's not a height issue on my part) and as I said, my son's seat blocks the window completely. He's in the Como in my car. The Blvd doesn't block as much and the Radian even less.. but he's not in those seats in my car. The Como takes up a lot of space, then the way my pillars are shaped, and the placement of the seat all contribute to my difficulty with seeing out the side window for lane changes. I recognize that my vision will be blocked for a while which is why I've learned to compensate as best I can for it. That said, I wish I could still see out the window better.

Ashley_R

I'm in Greenville, SC and checked Walmart tonight. No Nautilus, though. Now they also had a TON of the daisy and brown Sceneras! I saw probably atleast 25!

I also checked Greenville, SC (assuming you checked woodruff road) and Simpsonville, SC and nothing new at either

spcamno

Brendan's mom,

Thanks for doing the extra work taking all these pics.

I have a question for you:

On this pic here:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...carseat008.jpg

How close are those two red guides for adult seatbelt when use as booster to your son's head / neck area?

Can you adjust the headrest and make them out of way / sight when using the 5 point harness?

May be I am just too paranoid or something but those sticking out guides concerns me, are they out of the way (its hard to tell by looking at the pics you posted)?

Thanks

Holly

Crunchy and the other Utahns,
I was just at the Sandy Walmart (the new one on 9400 S, I forget the East) and as of Midnight tonight, they had 3 of them!!! YAY!
They are just in random spots in the baby section by the other car seats. Just thought you guys would like to know.

If you guys plan to get one and want to wait until after 4:30 pm, I can meet you there and we can use my Employee discount card and knock of $15 (Employees get 10% off)!

Apple

A girlfriend of mine purchased one (she's in Utah) and is taking it back. This was her review of it....

So I bought the Nautilus today - they had one at the WalMart in the town just south of us. To be honest, I'm not a big fan. It is a well built seat, but it looks like the belt positioners (the red plastic parts) would be uncomfortable for the child as they grow taller but are still in the harness; it looks like if they fall asleep their head would be resting against the hard plastic. That, and I had Kira sit in it to try and do up her own seatbelt and the armrests were so thick/big that it was really hard for her to buckle herself in (with her current booster she has no problem doing it herself).

Anyway, that's just one real life review. I will be returning the Nautilus tomorrow. There is a local store selling the Compass TruFit on pre-order so I ordered one of those; hopefully it works well for us or I'll just end up buying the Britax

ZephyrBlue

The more I look at the pics that Brendan'sMom posted, the more worried I get about the belt guides on the sides of a little kid's head. Probably wouldn't be an issue for my older kids or the ones I drive for carpool, but my little guy's head might hit them. I can't wait to play with the seat!

ThreeBeans

I don't intend to use this seat for long-term/full-time use, otherwise that would concern me as well, as well as the lack of padding. But it's good for what I need it for :D

Kat_Momof3

Well, sorry for Sunshine Kids but this seat has me decided that instead of worrying about Jeffrey needing a taller highback when he outgrows the FPSVB, I'm going to keep Ruthie from having to use the FPSVB in August when the Laptop expires.

Im going to get THIS seat, put the Radian in dh's 2-door cobalt, and Jeffrey will just go backless when he outgrows the FPSVB. Which also means I'm gonna have to switch the boys... For some reason,when he's in the third row, Jeffrey needs the tallest setting on the booster, but in the captain's chair, he uses the one that is 1.5" shorter.

Money is tight right now so I'm cyphening money each week to fund the seat (money tight because I need to sell a stroller that was supposed to fund the one I have now).

So... 20 bucks down... only 130 to go... should only take me another 7wks!

mamaofthree

Ugh, that's disappointing about the shoulder belt guides. Both my dd's love to complain, so if they were slightly annoying, I'd hear about it. I'm not as much concerned with the booster being difficult to buckle, since I figure my girls would be much older and coordinated before they had to deal with it. Still can't wait to check this out IRL though. I'm sure I'll see it in town, unlike the TrueFit, which I'll have to order online

Kimberly

DiaSmall

I figure I'll really only ever use it as a harnessed seat.... its still the least expensive HWH since I cant get the Apex because of its headrest rule. Too bad it will probably expire in 6yrs... I could get a lot of use out of it otherwise.

I think the Shoulder Belt Guides will be low enough not to pose a risk to the skull. In both pics i've seen of a kid buckled up it looked like it was down far enough to me.
Of course, thats not a professional opinion... & I've still not seen one IRL.

mamaofthree

I wonder if you could slip some small, padded, elastic topped covers over the shoulder belt guides for harness mode? That wouldn't affect the use of the seat right?

Kimberly

melniemi

Since you would normally put the belt guides right above the child's shoulder for booster use, wouldn't you do the same with this seat? My boys are currently in tb's and the belt guides have never bothered their heads - it is too low - sitting slightly above their shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC