New Graco Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyKaykes

I think if they redesigned the CS a bit (slightly higher seat back, even one more set of slots, a TRUE splitter plate, and a 35lb RF limit) they'd have a nice threesome of seats.

SS1, CS, Nautilus

Just wish the belt guides on the Nautilus were as high as the ones on the Air Booster.

Dorel has some MAJOR competition with this seat. No headrest rule, not so monsterously wide, 1" higher slots, converts to backless. Once the seat hits nation wide (what are we thinking, Feb 1?) the Apex is off my list, sorry Dorel, back to the drawing board.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Maybe they should call THIS the Step 3, and ditch the Turbo booster...then Safeseat 1 for babies, Safeseat 2 for Toddlers, Safeseat 3 could be the Nautilus...:rolleyes:

But why would you need the step 2?

forget that... give this thing an 8yr life, sell just the bottom like cosco did with the prospect, or kids that still need a booster after it expires.

Then you have step 1 - the infant seat (which imo should be redesigned to rf to 40lbs and 40")

Step 2 - the Nautilus

And you're DONE...unless you need step 3 -for larger kids... the backless booster portion of this seat sold separate.

easy, no inbetween factors, and every kid is pretty much taken care of.

Hey, we can dream!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I give graco a lot of credit for recognizing the need and demand for extended harnessing. I wouldn't be surprised if they see the same need for ERF. I wonder if they have a new convertible in the works because I agree the comfortsport and SS2 are not great options. They surprised us with the nautilus....hopefully they will continue to suprise us!

Well, I give them credit for finally catching up, anyway :whistle: Now they are the only ones who don't RF over 30 pounds...hopefully you're right and they DO surprise us...:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But why would you need the step 2?

forget that... give this thing an 8yr life, sell just the bottom like cosco did with the prospect, or kids that still need a booster after it expires.

Then you have step 1 - the infant seat (which imo should be redesigned to rf to 40lbs and 40")

Step 2 - the Nautilus

And you're DONE...unless you need step 3 -for larger kids... the backless booster portion of this seat sold separate.

easy, no inbetween factors, and every kid is pretty much taken care of.

Hey, we can dream!

You wanna put your sleepy little 18 month old in an upright Nautilus? I don't think so.... :whistle::twocents: (maybe ditch the ss2, call the cargo the ss2, it's much more comfy for little kids than the nautilus probably is....)

sfeitler

It's for those skinny kids like mine that will outgrow the harness by 40lbs and need to use it as a booster. ;)

:thumbsup: There are string-bean kids out there who will outgrow it by height at around 40 pounds. My DD1 is fluctuating between 39 and 41 pounds now, and is too tall for the MA--still fits the Radian, so would probably fit this seat, but... she's got a long torso but not crazy-long. I can totally see some kids with crazy-long torsos outgrowing this seat by height at 40 pounds.

-Sarah

BabyKaykes

:thumbsup: There are string-bean kids out there who will outgrow it by height at around 40 pounds. My DD1 is fluctuating between 39 and 41 pounds now, and is too tall for the MA--still fits the Radian, so would probably fit this seat, but... she's got a long torso but not crazy-long. I can totally see some kids with crazy-long torsos outgrowing this seat by height at 40 pounds.

-Sarah

Wish this seat was out 6 months ago, maybe my 4yr old godson wouldn't currently be in a Compass booster. GRRR! Mom drives a Suburban with extra low headrests, so suggesting the Apex was out. I bought the FPSVD with him in mind, but he's too big for it. He's got a 16.5-17" torso, which is nothing compared to all the legs this kid has...He's 51" tall!!! 2" taller than his 7yo sister. Oh, and he's a WHOPPING 38lb fully clothed and soaking wet.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I still think they need a convertible for a step 2. I for one would require one, since my babies both hated the bucket after a couple of months, because of the angle. How upright can you get the SS1? Also, having very long torsoed babies, there is no way in Hades my 2.5 yo could still be RF'ing. You can't have a bucket that fits a 5 lb newborn and a 36" tall toddler comfortably. Could you imagine carrying that thing around?!? Yup, if they made the current SS2 into a RF'ing convertible, with low bottom slots, parents could chose to skip the bucket and go from SS2 to Nautilus when that is outgrown.

crunchierthanthou

I still think they need a convertible for a step 2. I for one would require one, since my babies both hated the bucket after a couple of months, because of the angle. How upright can you get the SS1? Also, having very long torsoed babies, there is no way in Hades my 2.5 yo could still be RF'ing. You can't have a bucket that fits a 5 lb newborn and a 36" tall toddler comfortably. Could you imagine carrying that thing around?!? Yup, if they made the current SS2 into a RF'ing convertible, with low bottom slots, parents could chose to skip the bucket and go from SS2 to Nautilus when that is outgrown.

I agree. The SS1 is already on the verge of being too cumbersome to use as an infant carrier. Could you imagine schlepping around a 40 lb kid in it or a 3 yo okay with the recline? No way.

skaterbabs

I give graco a lot of credit for recognizing the need and demand for extended harnessing. I wouldn't be surprised if they see the same need for ERF. I wonder if they have a new convertible in the works because I agree the comfortsport and SS2 are not great options. They surprised us with the nautilus....hopefully they will continue to suprise us!

I'm not going to hold my breath on the ERF. Graco actually thinks they're doing pretty good to have a 30 lb RF weight limit. I don't have time to look for the email, but the Graco rep on the CPSP list and I went through the hoops on that one a couple of years ago.

Brendan's Mom

I finally have more pictures for everyone....

Here is the back....
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Brendan0119/2008gracocarseat005.jpg

Here is the head piece without the cover....
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Brendan0119/2008gracocarseat006.jpg

Here is the body without the cover....I didn't take it all the way off...sorry!!http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Brendan0119/2008gracocarseat007.jpg

Lastly...Brendan in the seat....puppy is in the cupholder
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Brendan0119/2008gracocarseat008.jpg

Hope this helps...

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Brendan's cute. I like how he looks in it. It looks like he's well cushioned (I'm on dial up so I didn't get a good look at all the pictures).

DiaSmall

Thank you Brendons Mom! The pics are awesome & you have a very cute son.

The crotch buckle looks like its really high on him... does the crotch buckle have more than one spot?
Did u find in the manual what the lifespan really is?

Cindy&Connor

I really like this seat. I wish it had been out a couple of months ago when I bought my Recaro Young Sport. I love it but this seems more practical with the higher harness limit. Although it is a secondary seat and ds is only 35 lbs at almost 4 yo.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
EPS foam is only necessary for head protection. If it's not needed for the body, then putting it in there would make it more expensive and make it more of a customer service expense in the long run (EPS foam breaks easily....). Convertible seats have EPS foam all the way down so that tiny infants have foam around their heads.

Great pictures, Brendan's mom, thanks!

ajweeks

I love the looks of this seat! I think it will be next for DD, who is starting to get squished in the RA--she'll probably last until almost 4 in the RA unless she grows a lot before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC