Graco Nautilus

DiaSmall

I've already added it to my "list"
I'm so excited... I was gonna get the TrueFit... but this suits our needs & fits our budget better!!!
I WOULD LOVE TO READ A FULL REVIEW!!

Graco Nautilus . (FF harness/HBB/ LBBooster) seat that harnesses to 65#’s. Top slots are 18 inches high. Converts to a high back booster similar to the Turbo Booster, then to a low back booster for kids up to 100lbs. 19 inches at the widest point (the base) and 13 inches deep. Built in cup holder and side pockets. Priced around $150. PICTURE:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Brendan0119/2008gracocarseat004.jpg

ADS

mamaofthree

I think I saw this at my Walmart today. I just remember thinking I didn't recognize it and I was wondering what it was. It was in stock, but not on display out of the box. I meant to write it down and the girls sidetracked me. I'm gonna go back and check tomorrow to see if it was this.

Kimberly

mamaofthree

I know! I was seriously pondering it myself but I was too embarassed to tell dh that I was running to Walmart at 8:30 to look at a carseat. I already ran errands all day. Plus I'm now drinking a glass of champagne (leftover from the New Year's party dh and I had with ourselves at 9 pm lastnight). I'll be checking this thread to see if anyone reports back from Walmart, lol.

Kimberly

Niea

Looks like a nice seat! I'm curious to hear more about it once people actually start getting them.

I've been thinking of what to get to replace DDs Scenera (her spare seat) since she's nearly outgrown it. I didn't want to put the money down for a Marathon since the seat doesn't get a whole lot of use and it needs to install well in a variety of cars without headrests so the Radian and Apex were out. The Nautilus looks like it might fit the bill! DD will probably have officially outgrown the Scenera by the time she's three, so I'm alright with her FF.

groovymom2000

Hmmm...I like the looks of this. I may have to go to Walmart as well, just to see if it's there. It would be interesting to see how my tall 3 year old fits in it....:thumbsup:

ZephyrBlue

I'm going to WM this morning. Fingers crossed that they have it. This would be an awesome awesome carpool seat- it would fit every kid I drive!

melniemi

Yes! Buy it and let us know how it is!! My Wal Mart doesn't even have the Triumph Advance yet so I'm not holding out any hope that we'll get it soon. But it would work good for Taylor - and turn into a booster...hmmm...maybe?

DiaSmall

I called my local Walmart & asked.... The stores around me are setting up their new modules THIS WEEK.... so basically, either they get it this week or they dont get it.

*Crossed Fingers*

I have decided I want 2 of them.... even though I only "need" one.

CandCfam

Alas, it was not in our most local WalMart, but it did prompt me to call WalMart Home Office and start the ball rolling to light a fire under their arses to get the EfTA and the Graco Nautilus in local stores.
I'm supposed to get a return call in a couple business days to see what can be done.:rolleyes:

ETA: I should note that the baby dept store manager responsible for the car seats said that they have a new modular to put out in the next few days, and that it (the GN) *might* be on there, but that she doesn't *know* until they open the modular.:rolleyes:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I just went to WM yesterday (before I read this), but did not see this. They didn't even have any Uptowns. :(

Lara

I *gasp* went to walmart today (I haven't set foot in one in over 10 years, fwiw. this is truly and addiction if I go to WM LOL) and they didn't have it :(

DiaSmall

Another poster on the other thead said she called Graco & was told that it should b in all Walmarts by the end of Febuary.

Now... is that ALL walmarts or just SuperWalmarts... or just select walmarts?

JOII

I have several walmarts near by. I went to the one with the 'good' car seats, even though its the sketchiest of all of them. LOL. I talked to the department head and unfortunately she hasn't heard of it and they do not have any new modular as of right now.

For those who have seen it, has it been at regular or super walmarts? I know there seams to be a huge difference in the baby merchandise between our super and regular walmarts.

vamom

I ventured out in the frigid cold to see this seat at my local super walmart (even though I don't need a seat, lol). No luck. They did have a new booster - cosco pronto 29.95, the protek on clearnace for $20, a new pink scenera, but a very limited selection.

I will try the next town tomorrow- my friend just got a clearnace dora lbb and a princess hbb. Her kids have been out of seats for years, but it appears she is finally listening to me alittle.

In telling my other friend how happy I was that she finally got seats, I shared a few more stories (she has received all the links, videos - she just thought that the convenience and idependence of the seatbelt was better/easier for her child - she moved her petite not quite 3 yr old into a booster at 2.75 and 27#, close enough, you know:thumbsdown: She wants to see the new seat too, so maybe I can finally get her little one back in a harness.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I checked my WM and no deal. I have a contact who works in that section though, and she said she'd call me if they get any in. Get this - they've got a GAP in the booster section, and she said it's for incoming stock but she doesn't know what! It could be just more TBs or something, or it could be something entirely new.

I think if they get them in I'm going to buy one, take pics and measurements, and then return it. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC