Stroller Review: Kolcraft Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
UPDATED: Stroller Review: Kolcraft Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller

Ok so here is my review of the Kolcraft Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller . Assembly was easy although I did leave off 2 washers…OOPs. It comes with the attachment so you can put most infant seat on the frame. The seat is a little on the small side as others mentioned it might be. Tucker’s head it right at the top. Maybe even a little over as you can see in the pics. She has a short torso too. The basket it huge compared to other 3 wheeled strollers I have. The stroller just has hard plastic wheels. It is nice not to have to worry about flats. It steers great!! Very smooth. I would not use it as a jogger. I think it will be great for what I will use it for. I won’t take it on the mountain trails. I will keep my Schwinn for that. It reclines almost flat. Tucker likes that she can see me. It is very heavy. It is easier to remove the seat and then fold the frame separate as it makes it lighter. Overall I think it is a great stroller for the price, but I think it would be better suited for kids under 2 yrs though. Top harness height is just above DD's shoulders. She would not let me take the Bundle me out. I also removed the ihead support insert. I think it would be fine with infants, but a PITA with my DD. Any questions feel free to ask.

Pics here. Sorry these are not great pics, but I finally got around to taking some. PLEASE ignore my messy bedroom and livingroom.

If anyone wants a specific pic taken let me know.

ETA: I have added more pics to the folder. These are without the bundle me. The measurements on the seat are:

30" inches tall (Bottom frame to top of frame)
13" wide
9.5" deep

Last edited:
ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Wanted to add..If you are wondering if I would purchase this again the answer is maybe. I really love it reversible and ride very smooth, but it does have a small seat. It will probably last us a little while, but definately not to 40#. I think if DD were NB I would definately purchase it again. Since she is a 2 yo I should have saved my money. But I have a stroller and carseat addiction, so it would have been very hard not to buy it. :whistle:

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
Thanks so much for the pics and review! I ended up going with the 4 wheeler - I didn't know there was a 4 wheeler until it was discussed on my thread about it. It should be arriving tomorrow. DH still doesn't know LOL!

Your DD is adorable! And your dogs are too cute! :love:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
YW :D I did not know there was a 4 wheeler either until it was brought up in this thread. I hope the seat is a little bigger on it. The seat size is the downfall for this stroller IMO.

I want to see pics of the 4 wheeler :love:

ETA: Thanks for ther complements on DD and the dogs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool :) I wish I had bought it when it first came out...I wanted a reversible stroller for DH to walk Leah in, lol... He LOVES to talk to her when they are walking :)

Brycen'sMommy

It looks like a nice stroller. I just wanted to comment on the small seat size. I know this is a common complaint with the Kolcraft Contours strollers. I have been researching doubles because we are expecting #2 soon and the Kolcraft Contours Tandem was high on my list but I was worried about the small seat size. But I noticed in one of the reviews on Target.com that Kolcraft has started sending out free replacement seats that are wider and deeper. It is also mentioned in this thread that she received bigger replacement seats for her tandem. I'm not sure if they are giving out replacements for the single strollers as well but I would try calling Kolcraft to check.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I noticed in one of the reviews on Target.com that Kolcraft has started sending out free replacement seats that are wider and deeper. It is also mentioned in this thread that she received bigger replacement seats for her tandem. I'm not sure if they are giving out replacements for the single strollers as well but I would try calling Kolcraft to check.

Holy wowie! That is good to know. I have been researching doubles for a friend and that tandem looks so cool, minus the small seats. Lisa, you gotta call and try to get a bigger seat!

In the stock photos, it's hard to tell if the 4 wheeler seat really is bigger than the 3 wheeler. It looks the same to me (??).

I'm "patiently" waiting for it to arrive (HOPEFULLY before DH gets home!). I'll post a review and pics too.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I just sent them an email, so I will let you know what they say. If I do not have anything in my email in the morning then I will call them. I missed them by 5 mins today.

Karen

I just sent them an email, so I will let you know what they say. If I do not have anything in my email in the morning then I will call them. I missed them by 5 mins today.
I know this thread is crazy old, but did you ever hear back from them? I just got this stroller (brand new from a pawn shop for $55- yeah baby!) but the seat is crazy small. DD is tall and I'm worried it won't be comfy long. I really don't care if I have to pay for it, I'd like a bigger seat. Thanks!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know this thread is crazy old, but did you ever hear back from them? I just got this stroller (brand new from a pawn shop for $55- yeah baby!) but the seat is crazy small. DD is tall and I'm worried it won't be comfy long. I really don't care if I have to pay for it, I'd like a bigger seat. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I have been extremely busy. No, they did not have anything to correct the problem. I sold the stroller to someone on here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC