Mac Volo on clearance at Target. YMMV

mamaofthree

Okay, they are down to $49 now at my Target. There's two left as of last night. I almost bought one. Do I really NEED it? Dh will be pissed but he'll get over it. I've never had a stroller without a tray before. Is it gonna bug me? I always give ds snacks on his tray. I suppose I could just make sure to bring his snack trap and he could hold it. I really love how lightweight and easy to steer this stroller is, but the sun hood mechanism seems kinda flimsy- anyone have probs with it?

Kimberly

ADS

mamaofthree

LOL, it is kinda cheap looking, with the mesh and all. If I hadn't heard such great things about them I would never be considering it. I've never really understood all the hype. Ds is getting older and dh takes him out more and more by himself, so I think he would appreciate the tall handles and streamlined look. We are currently using this Kolcraft travel about stroller that I found on clearance:
http://kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=131&&shopby=category

It is a piece of junk though. Hard to steer and ds sits weird in it. He's never in a stroller much, so it does the job fine, and I like having something I don't have to take care of, but I'm thinking I'd like something a little nicer.

Kimberly

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've had my original Volo since 2002... just as 'flimsy' as the current ones...and it's STILL my easiest to push and steer stroller, I can't kill the thing if I wanted to (I've loaded it on many an airport trip with bags and kids and carseats...walked it on gravel that it shouldn't have tolerated, put my 7 yo in it when she got tired...... the mesh is a dream to wash out when diapers blow out or milk gets spilled...). In comparison, the 'sturdy' strollers I've owned with lesser brand names always have squeaky wheels that tend to just fall off with no notice...

It's just 'simplicity'... like a good sports car has no cupholders, but it's an absolute dream to drive, you know?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Get the Volo. It's something you'll never regret, especially with an older/heavier child. By far, our Volos are the most used and most appreciated strollers in our collection...and I've had everything from here (pointing) to Bugaboo.

As for the hoods--Maclaren has been, to this point, very good about replacing any broken hoods. They used to break more back in the UK-made days, but I tend not to hear about any problems with them now--just fold the hood before you fold the stroller. No, the hood doesn't offer a lot of protection but the whole point of the stroller is to be lightweight! They include the rain cover if the model is 2007+ although I think the Target silver colour does not come with a rain cover--you'll have to find out.

Get it. Definitely an investment.

-Nicole.

mamaofthree

Thanks for the enabling, just what I needed, lol. I'll head back to get one today if they are still there. I expect it will be, since the higher end stuff doesn't sell well at my Target. I don't live on the "fancy" side of town.

Kimberly

Jacks

I've had my original Volo since 2002... just as 'flimsy' as the current ones...and it's STILL my easiest to push and steer stroller, I can't kill the thing if I wanted to (I've loaded it on many an airport trip with bags and kids and carseats...walked it on gravel that it shouldn't have tolerated, put my 7 yo in it when she got tired...... the mesh is a dream to wash out when diapers blow out or milk gets spilled...). In comparison, the 'sturdy' strollers I've owned with lesser brand names always have squeaky wheels that tend to just fall off with no notice...

It's just 'simplicity'... like a good sports car has no cupholders, but it's an absolute dream to drive, you know?

Jools...ITA with you. We just bought our first volo and my DS just turned 4. We won't use it often but we are going to Washington DC this year, go to the zoo A LOT...I think it's great to push and hold my bag, jackets, coolers... Oh and of course DS when he gets too tired and cranky to walk. :whistle: I only wish I would have ditched our other stroller a long time ago!!

Mama!

I just got a Maclaren Volo in carbon from my local Target (The last one at the Millerville Target in Baton Rouge for the locals.) for only $49.99! Woo hoo! I just put it together and it steers like a dream! We're taking Ian out to the mall and the book store in it later today. :D

Ok, I saw a mac volo the other day in person for the first time, and the seat is WIRE. Why would that be comfortable? It was this weird shiny wire mesh?:confused:

Apple

I love my Volo too! I had been eyeing them for months and I just happened to see one at TJMaxx one day for $19.99:eek::eek::eek: They clearly didn't know what they had and I reaped the benefits:D

mamaofthree

Ok, I saw a mac volo the other day in person for the first time, and the seat is WIRE. Why would that be comfortable? It was this weird shiny wire mesh?:confused:

It's not wire, it's a thick plastic mesh. I think it looks comfy, but not good for sweating in, lol.

CaraMia

After reading this post, I stopped by my target on the way home from work. They didn't have any Volo's in stock - just the display (and a tag showing the clearance price of $69.99). I asked, but they don't sell the display. Oh well.

I did like how it handled though - I have a Combi that is lightweight, but doesn't seem to handle as well. I don't want to always drag the big double stroller out, so I think I might get a Volo from the sale posted by someone else below. Since I plan on selling a couple strollers to the consignment store...DH shouldn't care...maybe he won't notice (I don't think he knows what strollers we have anymore!)

Wineaux

Cheap and flimsy? No, surprisingly light and well made is more like it. The cover is a lightweight mesh, that's going to be heaven for my DS in the summer heat of the deep south. There is a reason that one of the most expensive office chairs out there is a mesh chair. It's all about comfort. The stroller is so lightweight that I can sling it over my shoulder, grab DS out of the car seat, and make a mad dash into the mall faster than I can cram the kid in the stroller, put on a rain hood, etc and get inside where it's dry. Then a quick unfold once inside and we're stroller happy. Did I mention that it steers like a dream?

Cheap and flimsy are the crap strollers from Evilflo, Eddie Bauer, and Jeep...
barf.gif

JOII

I just had to share more Volo love. I had 4 strollers before the Volo (Evenflo, Kolcraft, Graco) and nothing compares.

I wanted a lightweight compact folding stroller because we live near Chicago and take public transit when we visit. I actually bought the Graco IPO first, and though it was ok, it was really heavy and the steering crapped out on me after a few weeks (I have no idea why).

I took the plunge on the Volo, even though I thought spending that much on a stroller was crazy, but it is SO well worth it. 100% perfect for our Chicago trips, nothing can compare. It folds nice and small, is light and my DH can sling it over his shoulder when we ride the train. My son who isn’t much of a stroller rider loves it, and will stay in it longer then a few minutes so it must be comfy. Its my first stroller I have been even slightly pleased with, and I have owned 5!

mamaofthree

I got one!!!!! Whoo-hoo! After thinking about it, I decided I HAD to have one, and got nervous they'd be gone, but they were both still there when I went back. I was trying to decide whether to hide it or tell on myself to dh, lol. I told him and he surprisingly was ok with it. I'm not a big shopper, so he knows when I buy something it's cause I really wanted it.

We love it! It's sitting in the house still and both my 3 yo and 17 mo old keep getting in it. It really does steer like a dream. My other small stroller is light, but the wheels get stuck and it is hard to push. I kinda want to go back and get the other one so we have one for both younger kids when we go on vacation, lol. Nah, I'll just push the Volo and dh can push the crappy one. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make my own cute seat liners for it. Thanks for the enabling everyone!

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC