Dorel question

cpsaddict

When did Dorel change the ff minimum to 22lbs and 34"? I have a friend that has an Eddie Bauer Deluxe Convertible(aka the Enpsira) from Sept. 2004 and it states 20lbs and 29" on the side of it. Was the change retroactive? I thought I had read that the new rule applied to all Dorel seats. She has a 9mth old in a Safeseat and she was thinking of maybe turning him right at a year. My other friend is trying to use the 34" to get her to rf him longer.

Thanks

ADS

Misty-Bug

turning the kid, even though they are in a SS?!! Wow. What is the point of a higher weight seat if she is not gonna use it long. I would try to tell her all the info you know. I only ever knew of 22lbs persoally but I am not a tech, obviously

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yes all Dorel seats have a 22lbs and 34" FF minimum. From the manual 06 PDF.
Forward-Facing Use: 22-40 lbs. (10.1-18 kg), 34-43” (85.1-110 cm), Over 1 year of age.

Good luck convincing them I have a friend whos DDwas turned FF in a EB 3in1 at 11 months 20 lbs and stil is not 34" tall.

Ashley_R

My both of my 2004 Dorel seat manuals say the same. Unless the company conducts a recall to inform parents of the chance the manual that came with the seat stands, so yes they could FF the child but why would they if they have a SS1? The older dorel seats are a total PITA so maybe she'll keep the child RF in the SS1 because it is much easier to use.

lilysmomma

I am the other friend! The problem is she used the seat with her 1st DS and thought it was just fine. She also turned him right at a year because "his legs were too long". She now knows that doesn't matter but she is still kind of fighting us on it. I think as of yesterday I have her convinced to at least leave him in the SS1 until he outgrows it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC