Is this a Recaro Start for $199??

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Is this the older version of the Start? I think it said that it was the 5000B model. When I googled the 5000B model I came up with the older version that didn't have the head wings. If it truly doesn't expire and it is the version that has the head wings then I think I'm going to check it out. Anyone know???

ZephyrBlue

Great detective work Jenny! I wondered why it was a different model # than the advertised Start, but we had too many pre-bedtime meltdowns here last night and I never thought to search out the model number. Ah, well. That would have been a sweet deal.

vamom

Well if that is the case, shouldn't they note it? I mean if I ordered the seat and expected the one pictured except in black, and got the one that is pictured in Jenny's link as the 5000b, I would be upset.

Thanks for the discussion - I was having a very hard time talking myself out of this. I knew there had to be a catch, but I hadn't figured it out.

scatterbunny

I think they expect most folks won't care, as long as they get the name "Recaro Start". :( But yeah, I'd be pretty upset as someone savvy in CPS to receive the old, pre-headwings Start.

I'm glad to have saved someone (or many) the trouble, but sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Technically I think the site is OK in listing the Start like that, since it says it's a different model #...but the picture is definitely misleading. :(

Jordynsmama

Yes that is the EXACT seat my aunt gave me earlier this yr and I sold it on CL when I realized it was an older model. It has no head wings and I dont like it and neither will you! I sold mine for 40 on CL too, I cannot believe they are selling it for 199 without any head wings.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC