cashier giving false info.

miraclebabies

I just came home from Toys R Us where I bought my daughter a new convertable carseat. She is gettting close to outgrowing her graco carrier. Anyway the cashier asked how old she was and I said almost 11mon. I said I am getting this to keep her rear facing as long as possible since it is the safest. She said her 18#, 14mon. olds legs where touching the back of her seat and looked uncomfortable so she asked her Ped. if she could forward face her. She then said he wrote her a note saying that it was safe since she was so long to switch her. I can't believe some of the Ped's here are telling people if there legs are touching the seat to move them. My DD has been touching the seat for a long time, she's 31in and only 19#. She will stay rear facing till she is at the limit for the carseat to rear face. I tried to correct her but she acted like well my Ped. said it was ok to do so..

ADS

MomToEliEm

Well, pediatricians know everything (at least what some people thing) and as long as they are giving out carseat advice, there are plenty of people who will listen and obey their every word.

I think what needs to be done most is educate the pediatricians on the "best practice" standards and not the "minimum standards". Only when they start telling their patients to do things over the minimum standards will extended rearfacing and extended harnessing become more common and accepted. It seems like some pediatricians are now advocating best practice, but there are still lots out there who are not up-to-date on the latest information.

Was this just a cashier who was checking you out or someone in the carseat isle helping you pick out seats? If it was just a cashier, I don't think it is worth a call to the store. The cashier wasn't trying to get you to buy one seat over another, just checking you out. If they were assisting you in the carseat selection process, then you probably should call the store manager.

Mama!

I

You need to put a call into the Store Manager and tell him his cashier is spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

ThreeBeans

Was this just a cashier who was checking you out or someone in the carseat isle helping you pick out seats? If it was just a cashier, I don't think it is worth a call to the store. The cashier wasn't trying to get you to buy one seat over another, just checking you out.

I disagree. The cashier at some point or another will undoubtedly have an opportunity to sway the opinion of someone who is not as educated as the OP. The manager needs to be notified regardless.

Melizerd

I just have to say that ds's KNEES nearly touch the seatback in the Signo, and he doesnt care.

look here:

You need to put a call into the Store Manager and tell him his cashier is spreading misinformation.

I just have to say that seat looks so awesome! I know people have had problems but it sure is nice looking.

Last edited:

Mama!

It really is a great seat.

Check out my other thread on it...other pics of ds in it, installed :thumbsup:

Melizerd

It really is a great seat.

Check out my other thread on it...other pics of ds in it, installed :thumbsup:

I have an older car though (98) so I don't think it would work for me but it's SOOO tempting to get one just to try even though my Marathon is perfectly fine, and I only have one child and one car. Even DH is enamored with the Recaro seats.

miraclebabies

She was just a cashier at the counter checking me out. She said if I was having problems with her legs touching to ask my Ped. cause hers said it was ok to turn her baby around. I have wanted to ask a sales person before to see if they know and are telling people all the right info. on carseats. I corrected her and told her it was the safest way for a child to ride.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
While I agree she shouldn't be stating such information even if her ped told her or not. But, We have to stop and remember the managers probably themselves don't know the benefits of ERF and complaining and requesting education to employees just might fall on deaf ears. We have to remember this is a retail store and not trained CPS techs or even those knowledgeable in car seat safety.

Mama!

While I agree she shouldn't be stating such information even if her ped told her or not. But, We have to stop and remember the managers probably themselves don't know the benefits of ERF and complaining and requesting education to employees just might fall on deaf ears. We have to remember this is a retail store and not trained CPS techs or even those knowledgeable in car seat safety.

Ah, but man I wish they were. It'd be awesome if all baby store employees had to have rudimentary training in child passenger safety.

I know it won't happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC