New pics of Compass True Fit!

Holly

I was just looking at Amazon and they now have 2 side pics of the True fit (in the cappuccino only). Also, it looks like the price has gone up to $189 on all but the sporty blue.

http://www.amazon.com/Compas-True-C...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1199096372&sr=8-1

compassTF.jpg

compassTFside.jpg

compassTFside2.jpg

It looks a little goofy from the sides, kinda big. I guess it's because of the side wings. I've never used or really looked at a seat with sidewings before. I'm planning to get this seat in July when I turn my dd around on her b-day (3rd), Of course I'm waiting to hear the reviews first, but it's cool that this has side wings (I didn't realize it did until just now) because she can be a little more protected since she will have to be outboard (Little sis will be RF still and needs to be in the center for her seat to fit)
I like this seat even more now, I can't wait to look at one in person! I think this will be my favorite seat!

Oh, by the way, it's hard to tell, but do you guys think this would fit well next to a RF radian?

ADS

groovymom2000

It might fit well next to the radian, depending on the belts. I can't wait for this seat either...I may have to *try*one--it looks really cool.

NVMBR02

I am considering this for my almost 4 year old. She loves the flowers... It doesn't seem tooo bright

Last edited:

Jacks

Anyone know what the top harness slot height is on the True Fit? My DS rides in a SG and we need a second seat that is more affordable! ;)

natysr

Does anyone know if, when installing RF, the seat will be *stuck* at a 45 degree recline like the radian, or if it can easily be manipulated to a more upright install?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I haven't followed all of the TruFit threads.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Anyone know what the top harness slot height is on the True Fit? My DS rides in a SG and we need a second seat that is more affordable! ;)

Supposedly 18"

I'm in the same boat as you--I'd really like this seat as a backup for our Safeguard. It would also be nice to travel with something that's a little lighter (which I'm assuming this one will be).

Never mind that I justified buying the Safeguard by saying that we'd be able to travel with it (unlike the Regent)...:whistle:

I keep going back and forth about whether I should preorder...

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We're getting this for DS to replace his MA. However, I thought the harness adjuster would be like the BV, but this one seems to be like the TA...?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I know this has been discussed before, and I really want to believe this has 18" slots, but I just noticed something, and I hope someone has some input.

If you look at this picture: http://bp2.blogger.com/_Jg5RE1bSSTA/RuTmYjDWH6I/AAAAAAAAAEM/gfuci9eCCZY/s1600-h/CIMG2879.JPG where the cover is off, the slots look really big, but it looks like the harness itself comes out of the bottom (or at best, the middle) of the slot.

Is the harness adjustable within each slot? Is the 18" measured to the top of that top slot, and will the harness itself actually go that high?

mamaofthree

Looks great!! I can't wait to hear reviews and see some IRL photos. Trying to decide between this and the Radian

Kimberly

Jacks

Supposedly 18"

I'm in the same boat as you--I'd really like this seat as a backup for our Safeguard. It would also be nice to travel with something that's a little lighter (which I'm assuming this one will be).

Never mind that I justified buying the Safeguard by saying that we'd be able to travel with it (unlike the Regent)...:whistle:

I keep going back and forth about whether I should preorder...

I really want to keep DS harnessed in a second seat but absolutely cannot afford another SG! (He will be 4 in Jan. and is 43" tall and 43#) I do not want to have to lug the SG beast on a plane either. The Regent is too big and not approved for airline travel sooo...This seat just HAS to work!!!!! ;)

mamaofthree

I am soooooo tempted to preorder this from strollerdepot. Anyone know if most companies charge your cc for preorders, or wait until shipment? I emailed them already to ask, just waiting for a reply.

Kimberly

crunchierthanthou

We're getting this for DS to replace his MA. However, I thought the harness adjuster would be like the BV, but this one seems to be like the TA...?

Do you mean height, or tightness? The harness tightening strap is out the bottom of the front like most carseats. The height is incremented (4 slots), but you don't have to unthread the harness to change the height (like the older Triumphs).

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does anyone know if, when installing RF, the seat will be *stuck* at a 45 degree recline like the radian, or if it can easily be manipulated to a more upright install?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I haven't followed all of the TruFit threads.

In the side pictures there's that little tan foot that looks like it's used to switch the side into reclined for rf'ing mode. The seat is in the recline for rf'ing in those side pic's judging from the angle anyways. :) (If you've ever seen how the Titan flips from rf'ing to ff'ing mode, that's what it looks like this seat does to switch.)

I think since there's no boot like the Radian, it should be easy enough to get fairly upright - I know the Titan doesn't have difficulty with that anyways.

All speculation of course since I haven't seen the seat other than pictures, but that's what it looks like to me. I so wish this seat was coming to Canada.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Do you mean height, or tightness? The harness tightening strap is out the bottom of the front like most carseats. The height is incremented (4 slots), but you don't have to unthread the harness to change the height (like the older Triumphs).

I was thinking height-wise. It looks like there is a bar that you move to different slots, whereas with the BV there's the bar that twists from the top...

Granola

I've been lurking here for a long time, so if you don't recognize my name, that's why.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Does anyone happen to know if this seat is FAA approved? It doesn't say on amazon.com (unless I missed it). TIA.

DiaSmall

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=24587&highlight=truefit
here is where we see that Heather (MurphyDog 77) is the one that measured it...

and here : http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?sr=y&msg=22084.1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus9421 she clarifies how she measured it.

"I saw the seat at the ABC Kids Show and measured the slots. They are true slots, not infinitely adjustable, so there's no fudge factor like there could be with the Boulevard or Signo. The seats I saw were preproduction seats, so it's possible changes could have been made to the mold, and of course, the way I measure could be different than the way you measure . I usually measure by pressing down on any padding to the middle of the harness slot.

10" bottom slot

18" top slot

Heather, CPS Tech/Instr.
Host, BC Car Safety Tips bb"

Sounds to me like a solid 18in top slot.

mom2riley

Does anyone happen to know if this seat is FAA approved? It doesn't say on amazon.com (unless I missed it). TIA.

I am wondering the same thing. If it is a easy install in most cars and FAA approved w/ an 18in top slot I may get it for DS's travel seat instead of the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC