Keeping car seats from leaning sideways??

maidencomfort

I have a 96 Ford Areostar, and the bench seats have padding on the side of each seat (can't remember the proper term for it!) It's causing a problem since I have 5 kids, 4 in car seats. The biggest problem is with my ds in his Evenflo big kid booster. The side of the car seat rests on the padding, and makes his seat tilt and slide towards his brother's - also making it hard for him to reach the buckle, and making him tend to lean out of the seat belt.

Is it safe to use a noodle or something under the seat to help level it? I've tried a towel, but since the seat isn't buckled in, it tends to move as he's getting in and out, and I need something that won't come unfolded or bunch up.

ADS
U

Unregistered

No, you can't put anything under a forward facing seat like that... :(. One booster that has "skis" under it so it fits in bucket-y seats better is the Compass B500....maybe if you have a better baby store in your area you could go try it out and see if it works better than your Big Kid?

U

Unregistered

I thought I was logged in!

I just posted about the Compass booster...for some reason I'm not logged in!

Julie
Joolsplus2

CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC