And the winner is....Signo!! (lockoffs!)

Mama!

Knock me over with a feather..

The Signo lockoff's held. Not "lockoff" Britax tight, but I definitely was able to get a tight install with no locking clip.

I used an unlocked seatbelt on our captains chair and followed the manual, routing it under the latch bar on buckle side.

HOORAY!

I had almost ZERO movement at the beltpath! :thumbsup:

ADS

Mama!

Me too! I was actually praying when I was installing it.

"Dear lord, please let this work..."

And voila, it did.

csma

That sound you hear is my jaw hitting the floor...

What's the manufacture date on your Signo? Do the lock-offs/belt guides look similar to the Como?

Mama!

10/05/07 is my DOM.

They LOOK identical. Which is why I couldnt tell until I actually installed it.

And when I pulled from the buckle side, I had a VERY difficult time budging the shoulder belt! :thumbsup:

I couldn't figure it out for a second, then I realized....the lockoff was holding!

I used my strongest hand and could get almost zero movement at belt path.

:D:D:D:D

ZephyrBlue

Awesome! Be sure to let us know if it holds over time; I had a faulty BV lockoff that was as tight as could be when I installed the seat, but over several days, it loosened a bunch.

Mama!

The RF lockoffs were perfect "clamp style" anyway, this was the FF lockoffs.

On the Como's they didnt hold.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Cool. :thumbsup: I also noticed how the lockoffs/belt guides look identical on our July '07 DOM Como and newer Oct. '07 Signo when comparing them visually. Weird isn't it? Fingers crossed the lockoff/belt guide will continue holding on your Signo. :)

Ashley_R

Wonderful! Keep us updated if it loosens up overtime. I was really excited when the recaros first arrived on the market but the lock off issue has keep me at bay (I drive an older car with ELR belts). Good to know that there is a possiblity that the seat will get the kinks worked out!

So now you have both, besides the lock off issue, which do you prefer?

Mama!

Signo.

I read SPB's succint comparison of the Como vs Signo, and he put it quite simply : Como has fat head cushions, which when removed, t urn the seat into a glorified Marathon.

The Signo has infinite adjust harness, latch bar, better head pillows.

I hadn't been able to put it into words, but that pretty much sums it up.

The Signo went in in 4 seconds flat with RF latch. :thumbsup:

And, FWIW, the Signo won't remain installed with FF lockoffs/unlocked seatbelts. I just tried it for a few minutes.

The honest truth is that it will be a very very rare instance that I would need those FF lockoffs in an older vehicle. Hopefully it'll never happen, but now I know they'll hold Just in case.

So I won't know if they loosen up over a few days time. Should I let him ride in 3rd row in his Uptown for a day or two to see if the Signo loosens? Just reinstall it FF with the lockoffs?

Mama!

I took great pics of him. I'll post them in a bit. He looks GREAT in the Signo, plus it was microscopically easier to board/unboard with the smaller head cushions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC