Tell me about 04 Quest

Kleine hexe

Would you buy an 04 Quest?

I've looked on Edmunds and the reviews are an equal number of good and bad.

I don't know anything about this van. How many tether spots for example. I haven't looked up safety ratings yet.

We're looking to replace our 02 Caravan but don't want car payments. I'd like an Odyssey but the price...

ETA: Informed for life gives it a "Best 4% of 2004" So what does that mean exactly?

ADS

Synchro246

Hello there. IIRC the quest is the FIRST van to have 5* gov ratings. The ratings for that year from the gov & from the insurance institute.
Also the roll over risk looks great (for a van). Compared with other vans it's about 3% or more less likely to roll over.
I think it's a great vehicle. I hope someone with a LATCH manual replies letting you know the LATCH config for that year/vehicle.

Does it have ESC?

Auntie2Avi

Avi's mother has that car. The only way that I could get a RF MA/DC installed appropriately was using Latch because of the way the seatbelts are on the capitans chairs. It is a PIA to get the MA in because of the seatbelts, but if you spend a few minutes pushing you can get it in solid. There are 3 latch positions/tethers, in both capitans chairs and in the middle of the back bench. The trunk is HUGE and you can fold it down or fold down the captains chairs to have a lot of space in the car. I would drive it and see how you like it, it was a lot wider than my van.

jmm3

I have an 05 Quest, and I really like it. I did know someone with an 04, and she had a fair number of problems with it. That was the first year of a remodel and she had to have some warranty work done. But, I heard the 05s were better, and I did know someone else with an 04 who never had trouble. There weren't any major changes for 05 as far as I know.

I like my 05 a lot. It has 3 sets of LATCH, both captains chairs and the center rear. One downside is that there is only that one tether anchor in the 3rd row. I don't know about adding more, I have 3 kids and 1 is in a booster, so it's fine for us.

Ours has side airbags and curtain airbags for all 3 rows, and we have stability control. I don't know if all those options were standard though, so I'd check on that. We have power doors and power rear hatch too which I love. We also have the skyview roof which is like sunroof panels for all 3 rows, and 2 DVD screens.

We bought it in 2006 used with really low miles. We've never had any trouble with it. I've installed a Graco Cargo (latch) and SS1 (latch or seatbelt) very easily, but haven't tried anything else yet.

Kleine hexe

Is it possible to install a Regent in the 3rd row not in the center but using the center tether? Can you do that?

I will need to have the Regent in the back. So I'll have to see how it fits back there and if I can still see through the rear window if it needs to be in the center.

That's one of my problems in my Caravan. The Regent blocks the whole back window.

I'd also like to see if my rf'ing MA will leave a bit of room for the front passenger seat. In my Caravan the front passenger seat has to be all the way up and forward quite a bit. DH can't even fit into the seat.

Oh, and I don't know if it has ESC. Doesn't say on the listing. I'll ask tomorrow when we go look at it.

jmm3

Is it possible to install a Regent in the 3rd row not in the center but using the center tether? Can you do that?

I will need to have the Regent in the back. So I'll have to see how it fits back there and if I can still see through the rear window if it needs to be in the center.

That's one of my problems in my Caravan. The Regent blocks the whole back window.

I'd also like to see if my rf'ing MA will leave a bit of room for the front passenger seat. In my Caravan the front passenger seat has to be all the way up and forward quite a bit. DH can't even fit into the seat.

Oh, and I don't know if it has ESC. Doesn't say on the listing. I'll ask tomorrow when we go look at it.

I'm not sure about the 3rd row tether. It is on the back of the seat rather than on the floor by the door, so that might help if you are allowed to use the center tether for an outboard install.

As far as room for the front passenger, it seems to have a lot. We have our SS1 in the captains chair behind the passenger, and even with the handle down, we can still put the front passenger seat all the way back. :thumbsup:

The ESC on ours is called VDC, and there's a button to the left and a little below the steering wheel for it, if you're looking for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC