Need new carseats. What do you recommend?

• Thread starter Unregistered--Wendy
  • Start date
U

Unregistered--Wendy

I'm due with my third in September. We have a '97 Toyota Camry, so no LATCH. Right now, my almost 6 year old son is in his Graco Turbobooster, which he loves and we will keep. My 19 month old is in ds1's old Evenflo Medallion V convertible carseat. I like the seat ok, but it is getting a little worn out looking. And the straps are slightly below my son's shoulder, I just noticed yesterday. The straps are in the topmost setting. I'm not sure why, but I wonder if it's because he wears cloth diapers. I had switched to disposibles by this age with my first son.

The back seat is pretty narrow in our car. My friend is lending me her Evenflo Discovery. I got it to fit in w/ our other 2, after rearranging (have to put the Turbobooster in the center), but I don't think I will keep it to use w/ the new baby. I'd rather get a 5-point harness infant seat.

Anyway, I was hoping people here could give me some good recommendations for toddler to booster seats and infant carseats. I will probably keep the Medallion for the time between growing out of the infant seat and being old enough to forward face (both of my boys were over 20lb by 6 mos), but it might not fit. lol. Are there any really good toddler to booster seats that also have a narrow base? Same w/ the infant carrier seat. Thanks so much! I really appreciate any ideas!

Wendy

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Has the worn out looking seat expired? Is it more than 6 years old???

Also, if you have a lap-only in the center belt you need to position the booster outboard only ... the Turbo & any other recent model booster cannot be used with lap-only belts :eek: & shield boosters are not recommended > http://www.cpsafety.org/articles/shieldbooster.aspx < that site also has safety seat & booster shopping guides :)

Also, this database here is very useful - you can look up seats that have been installed in your vehicle > (Carseat Data website closed - link broken)< Babies-R-Us allows parents to test seats in their vehicles before buying & once you've decided on some seats, have a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician check it for free > http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/

I can tell you that I've had a lot of luck with the Britax Parkway booster because it's pretty narrow, the lack of armrests allow easier buckling in tight configurations as well as for fitting bigger kids in the seat {I fit by width at 5'4" & 105# but obviously not by height, LOL}, plus the True Side Impact Protection really makes me feel my kiddo is safer - in her Turbo her head flops right out of the wings, but not in the Parkway! It is on backorder, though - I got mine in about 2 months. The Britax Bodyguard is very similar, except that the base is width-adjustable & it is heavier so it requires belt lock-offs, which made it more difficult for me to get buckled in a tight configuration =/ However, it is not on backorder as far as I'm aware....

Another thing you might appreciate knowing is that rear-facing 5-point seats are a bit safer outboard than forward-facing 5-point seats {which are actually very safe in their own right!!!}. My brother has his newborn's 5-point infant seat with EPS foam outboard for easier access & his wife sits behind the driver with their older child FF in the middle of their Saab. I myself have found that buckling a booster is easier when next to a FF seat, also.

It really comes down to your vehicle, children & budget ... the BEST seat is one that fits your vehicle & children properly {read both vehicle & safety seat manuals thoroughly} & will be used correctly each & every time!

U

Unregistered

papooses said:
Has the worn out looking seat expired? Is it more than 6 years old??? !

No, but it might be by this time next year, before the baby is a year old, and probably after the baby will have outgrown the infant carrier seat. So maybe I'll just throw it out when we get a new one and also look for another convertible infant/toddler seat (the Medallion can be rear-facing to 30 lbs, which is why I like it so much).

papooses said:
Also, if you have a lap-only in the center belt you need to position the booster outboard only ... the Turbo & any other recent model booster cannot be used with lap-only belts :eek: & shield boosters are not recommended > http://www.cpsafety.org/articles/shieldbooster.aspx < that site also has safety seat & booster shopping guides :)
It's not a shield booster, and have you really met people that stupid? What would be the point of the belt positioning boster? You might as well go without a seat as do that! I actually gave my car away last year after my older son outgrew his toddler seat b/c it only had lap belts in the back (it was an '87 Mazda 323 wagon and I loved it! :( ) No way was I putting him one of those shield boosters. I didn't know they were no longer recommended (they still sell them), but just look at them! They don't look very safe or comfortable.

papooses said:
Also, this database here is very useful - you can look up seats that have been installed in your vehicle > http://www.carseatdata.org/selectseat.asp < Babies-R-Us allows parents to test seats in their vehicles before buying & once you've decided on some seats, have a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician check it for free > http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/

I can tell you that I've had a lot of luck with the Britax Parkway booster because it's pretty narrow, the lack of armrests allow easier buckling in tight configurations as well as for fitting bigger kids in the seat {I fit by width at 5'4" & 105# but obviously not by height, LOL}, plus the True Side Impact Protection really makes me feel my kiddo is safer - in her Turbo her head flops right out of the wings, but not in the Parkway! It is on backorder, though - I got mine in about 2 months. The Britax Bodyguard is very similar, except that the base is width-adjustable & it is heavier so it requires belt lock-offs, which made it more difficult for me to get buckled in a tight configuration =/ However, it is not on backorder as far as I'm aware....

Another thing you might appreciate knowing is that rear-facing 5-point seats are a bit safer outboard than forward-facing 5-point seats {which are actually very safe in their own right!!!}. My brother has his newborn's 5-point infant seat with EPS foam outboard for easier access & his wife sits behind the driver with their older child FF in the middle of their Saab. I myself have found that buckling a booster is easier when next to a FF seat, also.

It really comes down to your vehicle, children & budget ... the BEST seat is one that fits your vehicle & children properly {read both vehicle & safety seat manuals thoroughly} & will be used correctly each & every time!

Thanks for the links. I've been looking around the internet a bit, and I think we'll go w/ the Graco Snugride for an infant carrier seat. Unless anyone thinks it's an awful seat for any reason???

My ds loves his Turbobooster, so I don't think he'd switch it. We can't really afford to get him a new seat already though anyway. It's bad enough $wise that we have to get 2 for our other kids. We haven't had problems w/ his head flopping around. Even if he falls asleep, he usually stays upright. Once or twice on long trips, he fell forward, but we found that if we give him one of those U-shaped pillows, he'll use it when he gets sleepy and that doesn't happen. And it's plenty wide for him. He's a scrawny little boy. LOL! And I can fit my big butt into it (I'm 5'3 and over 130. when I'm not pregnant, anyway. Now I'm over 160 lol), so I don't think he needs anything wider. Although I wish I'd known about the Britax Bodyguard when I got him the Turbobooster. I probably would have gotten that instead since it looks like it offers a lot more protection. Oh well. Is it new? Ds got too tall for his toddler seat 2 years ago, not 1, now that I think about it. The Turbobooster was really new then and I don't think I'd seen anything as nice as it, let alone nicer.

What do you think of the Alpha Omega? My sister has one that she was using w/ her 3 turning 4 year old. It seemed really comfy and it's SO easy to adjust!But she is going to start putting her 20 month old in it now and is moving the 3 year old to a booster (her kids are very very tall, unlike mine. lol. Her 3 year old is only about an inch shorter than my average height almost 6 year old!) Does anyone here know how they work for bigger kids? And as a booster for bigger kids? I've looked at it and I don't see how it is used as a belt positioning booster. Any thoughts? Because the price is not bad for something that works for as long as it does. If it has good reviews, I may buy that for my 19 month old and even get another for the new baby if we really like it.

U

Unregistered

Oooh, I just saw this. Does anyone have this seat? Britax wizard:
http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cfm?action=ShowProduct&pro_id=E1B65DDE-13AE-4AB6-BEE87A144FAFBCB5
Do you like it? Does it really fit to 65lbs? Does your older kid hate being strapped in? Is it really that easy to adjust he straps? I really need something that has very easy to adjust straps (like the Alpha Omega or our current Evenflo Medallion) b/c we use cloth diapers and we need to adjust the straps depending on what clothes and diaper he happens to be wearing.

Should I get that instead of a booster w/ a harness and then get a booster when my son gets to big for it? Sorry so many questions. I really need to get ds a new seat ASAP now that I see his current one is really getting too small. I was looking at the Summit High Back Booster as well as the Alpha Omega as other options for us. What do you think?

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

We have the Britax Wizard, and also the Britax Boulevard which is the newer version. The Boulevard head wings are twice as far apart, and the harness is much easier to adjust. As a matter of fact many kids do make it to 6 or 7 years old in the Wizards and they are much safer than the boosters obviously because they are still harnessed. There is also the Britax Marathon which goes up to 65lbs as well. The Wizard and Boulevard might give a little bit more time in the seat because the adjusting headrest allows it to accomodate a SLIGHTLY larger child (maybe an inch difference in height at the most.)

Here is a photo album of children that are harnessed well past 40lbs. There is even seats that harness up to 80lbs.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/ffalbum.aspx

I also wanted to add something about rear facing. . The new reccomendation is that they be kept rear facing until the limit on their convertible seat, which on most seats is 30-35lbs. The Britax Wizard and other Britax seats go to 33lbs rear facing...and because they tend to be bigger the kids usually can fit in the seat that long and do not get too big by height like they might in other seats. Children who are forward facing are much more at risk for neck and spinal cord injuries in an accident, and it is unknown exactly when they can sustain the force of an accident. My kids are 26 months and 16 months and both will remain rear facing for probably at least another 2 years based on their weight gain. (You probably already know this, but I just have to say it anyway!)

Here is more information on why rear facing is safest, and includes crash test footage that is very convincing. It also has a photo album at the very bottom of kids who are rear facing past 1 year and 20lbs.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx

Here is also a link to my photo album of my girls in their various carseats which include the Marathon, and Wizard: http://momtoaliandshae.tripod.com/carseats/

And my photo album of the Britax Boulevard specifically: http://myangelsaliandpeanut.tripod.com/carseats/

Hope that helps. :)

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for all that information. I actually had no idea that rear-facing was considerably safer after a year old. I was told that it was slightly safer, but not really enough to make a big difference. Of course that was when my first was turning a year old, almost 6 years ago. And I hadn't heard anything different since then. I did ask the pediatrician if it was still 1 year to turn them around and he said yes, he's well over the weight and 1 year, so go for it. I'm really glad I came on here. My 19 month old has been front-facing since he was a year old. I'm afraid he might resist really badly if we put him rear-facing again, but that's just too bad. LOL! Anyway, it might actually work out, since that would make it easier for him to play and interact with his big brother, whose booster is in the middle seat (I did know that actual carseats are safer on the ends than boosters.)

I'm pretty sure we'll go with getting our 19 month old a Wizard. And he can sit in that rear-facing for a while longer yet. He's almost 30lbs already, but he seems to be following the same growth trend as my older son, huge and fat as an infant and then suddenly quit gaining weight and just get taller and taller until they're tall and really skinny. And although they're both average heigh, all of their height is in their torsos, not in their short little legs. They get that from their dad (and mine actually). So they tend to be too tall for carseats long before they reach the weight limit.

We'll probably keep him in that for about a year, because if this baby follows the same trend as my last 2, it will have outgrown the infant seat by this time next year or sooner. So we'll probably switch the new baby to the Wizard and get another seat for my 1 year old. Probably something like the Husky or some other high back harness booster. Actually, now that I've been reading so much, I wish I could get my older son something like the husky! I only took him to WalMart to try out boosters when he outgrew his carseat. He was too tall for all f the hrness boosters, so we got him the Turbobooster, even though I really wanted to get him something w/ a harness. But there's no way we would ever be able to fit 3 carseats into the back of our car. So he'll have to stay in his Turbobooster, at least until we gat a mini-van. I hope dh finishes his PhD sooner rather than later, cuz I am not only sick of this town, probably the whole state, but also tired of not being able to afford things like a bigger car when we need it and things like that. Oh well. I was a single mom in college w/ my first, so I'm used to making do.

Thanks again both of you for your help!

Oh, I looked at some infant carseats online as well. Are the Graco Snugride and Evenflo Embrace pretty comparable? Those are the 2 I was looking at. I was leaning towards the Snugride, b/c I thought I remembered someone saying it was narrower, but the Evenflo looks like it has an adjustable base? Does anyone know how well that works? Our Camry's seats are angled and it took us over an hour working w/ the local carseat clinic to get both the rearfacing infant seat and then the rearfacing convertible seat in so that it was tight enough. We just had to keep rearraging the towels, refolding and resituating, etc, etc. If it adjusts, it might not be as much of a hassle. Any thoughts?

Wendy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
In the picture below sits my daughter in her Wizard ;) Her 7 year old sister just outgrew it at almost 53" {longer legs than torso}.... I reverted my youngest back to RF after over a year FF - she found it more comfortable for sleeping & on her lower back {her feet don't dangle, which I know hurts my back as well}. I just kept reassuring her that it's safer & necessary because I learned something new & I love her so I want her to be safe - we also rotate soft car toys like finger/hand puppets, cloth books, Crayola "magic invisible" fingerpaints {found at Kmart, Staples, etc.} & we always play her favorite music to sing along to =)

& yes, actually my neighbor was using their booster with a lap-only belt until I told them to check the stickers & manual again - explaining that the new booster law requires seats be used CORRECTLY @@ & I do know a couple people who still have shield boosters that haven't expired yet *SIGH* The Bodyguard came out before the Turbo, but not very many stores carry it ... only online stores & Babies-R-Us as far as I know? At least that's true for anywhere within a 2.5 hour radius of me, LOL!

Also, the Eddie Bower seat has the lowest top harness slots, which is why so many kids outgrow it by height before they really ready to use it as a booster - not only must a child fit the minimum weight & height requirement, but they've got to have the maturity level to sit still for the entire length of the ride & brain imagry studies show that cognitive ability does not develop until AT LEAST 4 years old :( Comparing safety seat crash tests of 5-point harnesses verses boosters {& RF vs. FF, too} > OAMTC < is really convincing as to which is safest....

Sounds like you'll work things out jut fine for your family's needs {vehilce & child fit as well as budget}, Wendy! Just remeber to get your local certified child passenger safety technician to check your install for free > http://www.nhtsa.gov/cps/cpsfitting/ :)

mamamia

Given that you want to have three seats in a Camry, with one of them being a booster seat your best bet is to head to Toys R Us by yourself and see what combination of seats fits in your car. It really can be a puzzle trying to find the seats that mesh together well in a particular vehicle.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
mamamia said:
Given that you want to have three seats in a Camry, with one of them being a booster seat your best bet is to head to Toys R Us by yourself and see what combination of seats fits in your car. It really can be a puzzle trying to find the seats that mesh together well in a particular vehicle.
So true! Why did I not say this??? LOL.... However, being pregnant I don't imagine you'll want to try this alone - take a friend for help :p

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

Many people do not like the Evenflo infant seat because they still do not have a front harness adjuster. Given your comment about adjusting them each time, a front harness adjuster would be neccessary. If you do get a Wizard for your son be sure to try it in the store first, and make sure you keep the box, tags from the seat, and the reciept. Babies R Us has a 90 day return policy if you have all of that. (However, since the Boulevard came out a lot of places no longer have the Wizard.) Alot of kids do not like the Wizard, especially older kids because the head wings are too close together. So make sure that he will tolerate it before you spend the money on it...especially since there is only about a $40 difference between that and the Boulevard, and so far no complaints on head room with the Boulevard.

You would be amazed at the stupidity we see with carseats. ;) Forward facing infant seats...seats that are not even installed in the car, seats being used without straps, or the seat is installed but the child isn't strapped in...ect. :O)

U

Unregistered

MyAngelsAliandPeanut said:
Many people do not like the Evenflo infant seat because they still do not have a front harness adjuster. Given your comment about adjusting them each time, a front harness adjuster would be neccessary. If you do get a Wizard for your son be sure to try it in the store first, and make sure you keep the box, tags from the seat, and the reciept. Babies R Us has a 90 day return policy if you have all of that. (However, since the Boulevard came out a lot of places no longer have the Wizard.) Alot of kids do not like the Wizard, especially older kids because the head wings are too close together. So make sure that he will tolerate it before you spend the money on it...especially since there is only about a $40 difference between that and the Boulevard, and so far no complaints on head room with the Boulevard.

You would be amazed at the stupidity we see with carseats. ;) Forward facing infant seats...seats that are not even installed in the car, seats being used without straps, or the seat is installed but the child isn't strapped in...ect. :O)
I've seen some poorly installed seats myself. I'll never forget one time when I was working at a daycare when I was in college, we went on a field trip, so I had a girl's car seat. I carried it to her mom's car and was going to install it, but the mom looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if the belt locked if you pulled it out the whole way or if she had a locking clip. Then just threaded the shoulder belt through, didn't bother locking the belt or using a locking clip so that it was in tight. It immediately slid about 6 inches forward when the little girl climbed in. I said, that seat isn't in tight, and she said oh, the belt tightens in a crash. Yeah, duh, but that doesn't mean the seat is in tight enough to protect your kid. Since then, I've seen several people w/ their seats in this way. I have said something most of the time, but people usually get really rude and don't want to hear it. I'm not sure what's wrong w/ some people. I mean it's nice when you can find something both safe and convenient, but if not, wouldn't your child's safety come first?

Oh, and I looked at the reviews on Amazon for the Evenflo and the Graco infant seats. The Evenflo has TERRIBLE reviews, so we'll go with the snugride. For a change, when my parents in law ask me if I want them to buy us something for the kids/new baby, I am going to say YES and ask for the Snugride/Duoglider set. I need to start letting them buy needed stuff for us when they offer. They have the money and they do it out of love. I'm just so used to saying no, b/c my parents are poor and I feel bad when they spend money on us that they really can't spare. My FIL gave us the Camry, which is the only reason we have such a nice newer car. LOL!

I'm going to go to ToysRUs tomorrow, I hope, to look at seats for Jake.

Thanks SO much for your help!

Wendy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Re: the head wings on the Wizard/Boulevard.... I introduced them to my daughter at about 2 years old by exclaiming with drmatic happiness how comfortable they'd be when she gets sleepy - it worked for us! She was hooked :rolleyes: :p

& my daughter's half-siblings' mom is the same way about carseats - LAZY! Drives me insane, which is why I found a tech who had a LapTop to sell me - at least this way I know the seat is actually SUPPOSED to be installed the way mom wants to do it @@

Last edited:
M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

Babies R Us usually has a much bigger selection of carseats, and BRU is the only place that has the Boulevard for the next six months. :)

U

Unregistered--Wendy

Grrrr! I just went to Toys R Us. We live in a small town in IN so that's it for us. I think we're lucky we have that. They don't carry any Britax seats at all. They never have ANYTHING I go there for. I really hate Indiana. I cannot wait till my husband is done w/ school so we can move back to Philadelphia! Even Johnstown, PA, where I grew up, is better than this place.

So then I went to Target and they only have 1 Britax seat and it's the small infant/toddler convertible that's about the same size as the seat we have. I also wanted to look for a pregnancy pillow by Boppy that's for supporting your belly when you sleep. Their ad says they have it one sale. They looked at me like I was nuts when I asked where they were. Then I showed her the ad and she said, Oh, I've never seen those before. We don't have them at this store. Grrrr! They also don't have replacement spouts for Avent sippy cups. I hate this town!

So I looked at harness boosters while I was there and they all pretty much suck. I'm really surprised at how flimsy a lot of them seem to be. I thought the Evenflo Generations looked really good until I got it down for ds to try out. The wings on the headrest are so flimsy, I bet I could break them w/ my bare hands! Plus there were only 2 slots for harness height so I really doubt ds would fi in it to 40lbs. There was a Graco 1 that looked OK, but it barely stuck out on the sides at all, so I doubt it has much side head protection, if any. Grrr!

We're going to Philadelphia in 2 weeks. I'm going to wait till we get there to look at seats. They have every store imaginable. And my mother-in-law usually likes to come with us, so it'll be fun.

Oh, and I also figured out that I'm a moron. The reason why ds's shoulders were above the straps was because he was still sitting on the infant cushion thingy that raises their butt up a little so there's not too big a gap between the baby's crotch and the buckle. Duh! So I took that out and he has 1/4" to grow before his seat is really too small. LOL!

Thanks again for your help. Wish me luck in Philly.

Wendy

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

If you don't have better luck in Philly I would probably order a Britax Boulevard online. I would not get the Wizard without trying my kid in it first and also making sure I could return. Some kids are okay in the store and hate it in the car. I would definitely go with one of the higher harness limit seats..the one at Target was the Britax Roundabout, only harnesses to 40lbs. The ones that harness higher are the Britax Wizard, Britax Boulevard, Britax Marathon and Britax Decathlon. My personal favorite is the Bouelvard however it is also the most expensive of the four! :)

Good luck in Philly and let us know how it goes.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Bouelvard = expensive ... however, IMO, well worth the $ :)
  • "True Side Impact Protection", which doubles as a very comfortable head rest for sleeping {no floppy/sore necks!}
  • Easy-peasy harness height adjuster
  • Super comfy padding!!!
  • Cleaning is a breeze {my kiddo puked in it the first night - no more icecream in the car for her, LOL - it wiped right off with a soapy washcloth & no smell left over!}
  • RF till 33 pounds & FF till 65 pounds - height limit is when top of ears are even with the seat shell for either RF or FF
We are loving our new Boulevard if you can't tell! :rolleyes: Pictures coming soon :p

U

Unregistered

3 seats in a camry

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here...I am currently driving my moms 1994 camry with 3 seats in the back...a rf'ing MA outboard for my 2 yr old, a ff'ing RA in the middle for my 4 yr old and an Ultra Cargo ourboard for my 5.4 yr old. (small fry...still weighs less than 40lbs). They fit really well, so if you did end up going with the Wiz (rf'ing) and keeping the TB...having the infant seat in there should fit no problem. I do also own a Wiz for my 5 yr old but its not in the Camry because its such a tight squeeze. We should be getting a new car soon and I will put my son back in the Wiz.
Good luck
Kelley

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

I completely agree with papooses! I LOVE the Boulevard...it is definitely my favorite of all the Britax seats.

And, I have pictures now. :) I'm not sure why I didn't post them before, sorry!

These are just Boulevard pictures: http://myangelsaliandpeanut.tripod.com/carseats/

And here are pictures of my girls in the Marathon and Wizard as well.

http://momtoaliandshae.tripod.com/carseats/

I have 2 friends who each have a 3 year old boy and I pick them up sometimes to take them to my Dad's office, where one of my friends works...and then she watches the other boy until his Mom gets off work. Anyways...when we bought the Wizards we tried the 3 year olds in them to see if I could buy two more for them to use and they both screamed the entire week we tried them for...they HATED them! After we bought the Boulevards in the beginning of April I had to unexpectedly pick those boys up, so there was not time to rearrange seats, ect. So, I installed the 2 Boulevards FF in the back. (I was quite a site with 2 RF Wizards on the second row and 2 FF Boulevards on the 3rd row. For the record, both boys are too big to be RF anymore.)

I had them climb in and helped them get strapped in and I never heard a single complaint...which could have been because they were asleep before we were even out of the driveway!

The only way I can see a child having a problem with the head wings on the Boulevard is if they have sensory issues...I can't see it being an issue otherwise.

U

Unregistered

MyAngelsAliandPeanut said:
The only way I can see a child having a problem with the head wings on the Boulevard is if they have sensory issues...I can't see it being an issue otherwise.

Well, I do suspect my 19 month old has sensory issues, BUT they seem to be completely opposite of my 5.5 year old's. LOL! Where my 5 year old has always HATED anything touching him, ds2 seems to love having layers surrounding him. He wants to wear long sleeves, long pants and shoes 24/7. So maybe he'll like being closed in by the wings. I've shown dh pictures and prices of things. He's not too happy about spending that much for a carseat, but he knows how crazy I am when it comes to car safety. I was in a really bad accident when I was 8 months pregnant w/ ds1. I still have a scar from my seat belt. My '88 Dodge Colt was completely totalled by a large pick-up whose drunk driver hit me head on. Ever since then, I've been paranoid about car safety.

Thanks so much for your thoughts! We're going to Philly a week from today (but we'll get there the day after. Too far to drive in 1 day w/ kids), so hopefully 2 weeks from now we'll have at least tried some of these seats out if we haven't bought one. We may wait until the Boulevard is sold elsewhere. Ds's seat is good for a few more months yet. :)

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Car seat for LARGE 2 1/2 yr old

Hi all. I just wanted to ask if anyone could offer any kind of advice regarding car seats for bigger kids. My son is 2 1/2, weighs about 60 lbs and he's tall on top of that. (Dads 6'6 and about 350-400lbs and I'm 5'9 and 180 so we're not small either). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really like something that has a harness and I'm working on a budget and most of the ones I've seen have been for infants up to 40-50lbs or they're more than what I can pay. Thanks in advance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC