I bought the EFTA(pics)

momof2kiddos

I bought this seat to replace my decathlon because I was getting tired of the adjuster,so now the decathlon will be our back up seat.

I LOVE the EFTA.The harness adjuster rocks!!:p
I love how much leg support DS has,and how roomy it is,plus the chest clip is not easy for ds to unbcukle and at his age that is a HUGE plus :DIt is a awesome seat,I like it a lot better then my decathlon.Here are some pics,Sorry no face Pics of my Cutie Wootie,but I don't want then stolen :eek: Not saying any of you would do it but I know this forum pops up on google so that is a bit much for me.

DSCN0356.jpg

He has Tons of room left

DSCN0355.jpg

A lot of leg support

DSCN0362.jpg

So Roomy:love:

ETA:The install was very easy to do!!;)

ADS

scatterbunny

It looks fabulous! :love: Some side-by-side comparisons of him in the DC would be nice (to show how much MORE roomy the EFTA is than the DC, etc.). No rush on those, though!

momof2kiddos

It looks fabulous! :love: Some side-by-side comparisons of him in the DC would be nice (to show how much MORE roomy the EFTA is than the DC, etc.). No rush on those, though!

Great Idea!I will try to get those up within the next few days.I am too lazy too go unistall the EFTA right now:p:eek:

scatterbunny

I so totally would have gone for the EFTA for H if it had been available when she outgrew her Cosco Alpha Omega by height at 2.5 years old, 38 inches tall and 35 pounds. We agonized over what to choose, either a Marathon or a Husky (Regent), because options were slim 4 years ago...but the EFTA would have lasted her a bit longer than a Marathon, I believe, and would have been more roomy for my big girl, and would have saved us a bundle! I don't mind not having a RF tether, personally, so the 35 pound RF weight limit+tall seat shell+tall top slots+roomy seat+more seat depth+50 pound weight limit+lower price tag make this seat a winner in my opinion. :)

Thanks for posting the pics. They are helpful. I've seen this seat IRL but didn't love the harness adjuster. I had an uncooperative kiddo with me that day, though, and didn't get to actually try her in the seat so that could make a difference. The comparison to the DC would be awesome and one other Q - I'd love to know his torso height or overall height. He's about the same weight as my youngest and it looks like he fits really well in the seat.

momof2kiddos

Thanks for posting the pics. They are helpful. I've seen this seat IRL but didn't love the harness adjuster. I had an uncooperative kiddo with me that day, though, and didn't get to actually try her in the seat so that could make a difference. The comparison to the DC would be awesome and one other Q - I'd love to know his torso height or overall height. He's about the same weight as my youngest and it looks like he fits really well in the seat.

I actually have no idea what his torso height is,I don't own a tape measure:eek:,I really need to buy one though.His overall height though is 37 inches,and he is 34.5 pounds.

melniemi

The more I see this seat, the more I am tempted to buy it:whistle: I 'could' put my 6 yo in the ma and 3 yo in the efta, but that would only last a few months I think. 6 yo is w/i an inch from the top slot of the ma.

Thanks for the pics.

I actually have no idea what his torso height is,I don't own a tape measure:eek:,I really need to buy one though.His overall height though is 37 inches,and he is 34.5 pounds.

Thank you! I'll have to take DD when she's in a good mood and get her to sit in it so I can really play with it. She's a little taller than him (and older too) but I think she'd have room.

Yoshi

We are taking a 4 hr trip to visit relatives today and DD was SO excited when I told her we were going in Daddy's car- she LOVES her EFTA so much. Unfortunately, she'll probably only get to age 5-ish in it , but I plan on giving it to my BF whose little 3 yr old can use it. Glad your kids like it, too. Sorry about the DC- maybe you could sell it on Ebay? My DD would have outgrown it by now- height and width, seat depth, etc.

momof2kiddos

We are taking a 4 hr trip to visit relatives today and DD was SO excited when I told her we were going in Daddy's car- she LOVES her EFTA so much. Unfortunately, she'll probably only get to age 5-ish in it , but I plan on giving it to my BF whose little 3 yr old can use it. Glad your kids like it, too. Sorry about the DC- maybe you could sell it on Ebay? My DD would have outgrown it by now- height and width, seat depth, etc.

I still like the DC;) But for me with two kids under 3 and Dh working a lot(military) I just don't have time to take him out of his seat and try to adjust his harness,with my dd screaming because she wants me to hold her not put her in her seat:rolleyes:

Plus he didn't not have a lot of shoulder room in the DC,nor in the marathon,because he is broad shouldered.So for us the EFTA fits our needs more then the DC.

Plus the adjuster is just so smooth and easy to use.

I am defaintly keeping the seat though because you never know when you will need a extra:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC