ok which stroller would you recommend??

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Closes to you would be Seattle. The sale goes until Jan. 25th. The handle is 38 inches tall. I could figure out shipping, then if it works for you, start a layaway.

ADS

lovinwaves

is there a burlington Coat factory at Bellis Fair mall? Or in that area? I wonder how long of a drive it would be then the problem would be what if they didn't have ti there.

how long does teh sale go until at Burlington. I may have to wait until february:(

You can find all their stores here http://corporate.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/mqsa/mqsa_loc.php

Then you can call the store to see if they have the stroller in stock, and when their sales might be :)

Misty-Bug

DANG IT!! 38" is too short. I was hoping it was 40.5" cause the one site says that in the dimensions. SO I was so excited. My one stroller is 40" and I LOVE it. I will measure my graco. I don't have a ton of money so darn!

lovinwaves

DANG IT!! 38" is too short. I was hoping it was 40.5" cause the one site says that in the dimensions. SO I was so excited. My one stroller is 40" and I LOVE it. I will measure my graco. I don't have a ton of money so darn!

Keep in mind though that with a jogger the distance between the handlebar and back axle is much further away. This distance is so that you are able to jog and not kick the back of it. The stroller you are wanting you cannot jog with, but I don't think the 38inches is going to be an issue for you ;)

Misty-Bug

why can't I jog with it? I am looking at knowing the distance between the handle and the floor for height. I thought I would be able to jog with it. Ok maybe you are gonna need to help me some more. I don't have a lot of money though

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I can measure width tommorrow, but it is wide. Not the easiest to shop with. I would do it, but I am weird.

lovinwaves

is it really wide? will it fit through doorways ok? NOW I am getting too picky. I would LOVE a BOB but can NOT afford that!

My stroller have been around 29inches wide, which fits fine through standard doors. I had heard the lower end double joggers do not fit through doorways. Then again I had someone tell me once they did, so I really don't know :confused:
The one you are wanting is 31.5" which is wider than the standard door width of 30". You will not be able to enter many businesses without collapsing the stroller.

lovinwaves

why can't I jog with it? I am looking at knowing the distance between the handle and the floor for height. I thought I would be able to jog with it. Ok maybe you are gonna need to help me some more. I don't have a lot of money though

You are looking at joggers with front swivel wheels, right? You cannot jog with swivel front wheels.

Unfortunately, even though the stroller is categorized under "jogging stroller" doesn't mean you can jog with it.
Well....you could jog with it, but it's not safe.

ETA: It appears the wheel does lock. In this case the manufacture may allow some light jogging. If you are going to be seriously jogging, and be on uneven or bumpy surfaces then I suggest going with a jogger that has bigger wheels ie: 18inch or 20inch.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Totally other, but if you claim what you make babysitting you can use the stroller receipt (along with a whole lot more) for your taxes and write it off.

lovinwaves

My mountain buggy at the mid point is about 39inches. It is just fine for my almost 5'10" height :) However, I *do* raise it up for more comfort. The 39inches feels a bit short. If I couldn't adjust it, and I bought a $150 stroller I would be fine with it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It fits through our door at work, but it is wide. The front wheel swivels or locks, because of that, it does not have a hand brake. True jogging strollers have larger wheels and a hand brake.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
O.K., I think we need to get back to the basics. What will you be using your stroller for? (jogging, hiking, shopping) What do you need your stroller to do for you? (storage space, cup holders, seats that fully recline)

lovinwaves

Ok, Misty...I am going to throw this out there. :duck:

Why don't you pick up one of these bad boys on your local Craigslist, or ebay. Then save up your money, sell the used one back on Craigslist and get what you really want when #2 comes along :) You sound alot like me, and expect certain features out of a stroller. Nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like the idea of buying an expensive stroller, for the best deal possible, and then when you're done with it selling it for at or near what you paid for it.. that's the advantage to buying a really nice stroller to begin with.

-Nicole.

lovinwaves

I like the idea of buying an expensive stroller, for the best deal possible, and then when you're done with it selling it for at or near what you paid for it.. that's the advantage to buying a really nice stroller to begin with.

-Nicole.

Yep!

Example:

I buy lower end stroller for $100. I sell lower end stroller for $50. My end cost is $50.

I buy higher end stroller for $200. I sell higher end stroller for $150. My end cost is still $50.

In some cases you can actually spend more on the lower end. I realize not everyone can buy a higherend (alot of money upfront), but if you can be patient and save up, then it's the best financial move, imo. :)

Misty-Bug

you know what? After talking to a friend who owns a BOB I am gonna just deal with what I have now, a crappy Graco 2nd hand and then just save up BIG TIME for a double BOB. I like the double wheels in the front and may convince Phil easier to get that one. Worst case scenario is if I DID end up pregnant I would have 9 months to save. I am not gonna jump into it. I am gonna get a bob when I can and get the things I want. I am getting a second Radian tomorrow so that will make me happy for a while. hehehe...not tomorrow, Tuesday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC