Side Impact Protection?

tristar76

Sorry for the extra post...should have included this in the post below.

Regarding the Marathon, is the side-impact protection offered on higher Britax models worth the extra money? It sounds like a silly question, but it almost looks like it could be an annoyance to little ones trying to look out the window.

Plus, having a larger child, I have read many reviews that say the crotch strap adjustment offered by the Decathlon is less bothersome than the static position of the Marathon.

Opinons? Thanks again!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
This active thread happens to have good info. about side impact protection (which has no official standard in the U.S. to date) and Blvd. vs. Marathon comparisons:http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=31684 FWIW, my youngest used to alternate between riding in a Marathon and a Blvd., and still rides in a Blvd. in my van. She has never protested the Blvd.'s head wings, and I like the head wings for added piece of mind. :) I should add the caveat that I'm particularly leery of side impacts because my DH and I have both been involved in side impact crashes. :eek:

The Decathlon's harness adjuster mechanism can be a troublesome beast, and for that reason alone I'd be wary of it over the Marathon or Blvd. if you're deciding between Britax convertibles. :twocents: I've heard the Decathlon's roomiest crotch buckle slot is only slightly more forward than the single position in the Blvd. and Marathon. If you're near a Babies 'R Us, USA Baby, or Right Start store, you could try out the various Britax convertibles for fit and harness adjuster comparisons before deciding. Happy shopping. :)

Last edited:

minismom

This active thread happens to have good info. about side impact protection (which has no official standard in the U.S. to date) and Blvd. vs. Marathon comparisons: http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2 FWIW, my youngest used to alternate between riding in a Marathon and a Blvd., and still rides in a Blvd. in my van. She has never protested the Blvd.'s head wings, and I like the head wings for added piece of mind. :) I should add the caveat that I'm particularly leery of side impacts because my DH and I have both been involved in side impact crashes. :eek:

The Decathlon's harness adjuster mechanism can be a troublesome beast, and for that reason alone I'd be wary of it over the Marathon or Blvd. if you're deciding between Britax convertibles. :twocents: I've heard the Decathlon's roomiest crotch buckle slot is only slightly more forward than the single position in the Blvd. and Marathon. If you're near a Babies 'R Us, USA Baby, or Right Start store, you could try out the various Britax convertibles for fit and harness adjuster comparisons before deciding. Happy shopping. :)

can you paste the link again? this one takes me to the main page, not a specific thread

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC