Is there anything that can be done?

Lena

My neighbor's children are not in any type of car seat what-so-ever. Not even a booster.

They are 5 & 3. I doubt they even wear seatbelts since I saw them climbing out of the car yesterday and there were too many people for seats.

I tried talking to them. They pretended to care but obviously didn't.
Police dept. says there is nothing they can do unless they are pulled over for another reason. (despite we are a 80 lbs/8 yr old state)

The wife has been ticketed NUMEROUS times for not having children in car seats in another state.

They are leaving tomorrow to go out of state and I have this horrible feeling something is going to happen to these children.

ADS

dd9736

and the cops would do nothing if you called just as she was leaving home. I'd say it in such a way that you saw her pull out of her driveway in such a way that she was endangering her children (no restraints)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
It sounds like seatbelt non-use isn't a primary offense in your state. In MD, it is....if you're not wearing your seatbelt you can be stopped. But it used to be a secondary offense---you would have to be stopped for something like speeding first.

You could say you thought you saw a gun in the car with them.

Susan

Lena

It sounds like seatbelt non-use isn't a primary offense in your state. In MD, it is....if you're not wearing your seatbelt you can be stopped. But it used to be a secondary offense---you would have to be stopped for something like speeding first.

You could say you thought you saw a gun in the car with them.

Susan

Maryland is where the tickets are from! (and where they are going tomorrow) It was just a fine though.

My husband just pointed out their tags expire Sunday. Maybe they'll get pulled over for that.

dd9736

I hope it would be more than a fine this time, because obviously the fines haven't worked in the past.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC