Evenflo Everest versus Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe...

U

Unregistered

they look the same and seem to have the same features. Are they the same? What is different?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Really just the covers are different...the seat shell is the same (same plastic parts underneath)...and I guess the Everest has little lights on the belt guides so kids can read at night or whatever.

U

Unregistered

Booster -

Hi, I have a 3 yr old with a booster seat with the one you guys are talking about. i dont know if im the only one but i noticed the rubber grips on the arms had shrunked.. and it doesn't fit over the arm rest anymore. i tried stretching the dang rubber thing to fit over it and it just wont fit anymore. am i the only one has this problem?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm considering that seat, do you like yours?

Is this for your two and a half year old? It doesn't have a harness, which he really really really needs for at least (bare minimum) another 18 months. Ideally several more years.

My neighbor has this seat, and it's fine. But not for a two and a half year old. She has it for a small five year old (36 pounds) against my recommendation.

By the laws of Texas you would be in the clear, but not by the laws of physics. Your son could still rearface for several more pounds. He's too little to ride in a booster seat safely. Besides his height and weight, his age is too young to be trusted to sit still and in position for the entirety of every single ride. You have to be willing to trust his very LIFE with the fact that he'll hold still. I don't know of any 2.5 year olds who can do that for more than three minutes at a time. He could pull on the seatbelt, put it under his arm, climb out, reach down for something, reach over for something, anything. And all the while he's doing this and being unsafe you have to keep an eye on him, making your driving and your ability to drive defensively more unsafe.

If price is a concern you can get a Cosco Scenera if he fits in it. It's $40 and harnesses to 40 pounds, though you'd need a new seat after that, likely another higher weight convertible if he wasn't mature enough for a booster. However, the Cosco could be handed down to your new baby. It has a very high RFing weight, 35 pounds, and a tall enough shell so that most kids can get to the 35 pounds RFing. If you want a combination seat, one that has a harness and then turns into a booster later, then the Apex 65 is what you'd like. In a 2002 Honda you should have high enough headrests to accommodate it. It harnesses to 65 pounds and then is a booster to 100 pounds. So your son would have tons of weight to put on before he had to have it switched to a booster. It has a six year lifespan and between the harnessed and booster modes, and then the younger baby, you should get all six years out of it. It's on sale now for $100 at Albeebaby.com. http://www.specialtybaby.com/coalelapboca.html In your situation since you don't seem to want to buy a higher weight convertible, this is what I would HIGHLY recommend to you. Your son needs a harness. I wouldn't trust him to hold still (no hit on him, I wouldn't trust any 2.5 year old, I wouldn't even trust my four year old). I wouldn't know that it would fit him. And I would certainly hope that you would never come upon the situation of wondering "what if" if he's injured while riding in a booster at such an inappropriate age.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC