Check out what our 4-door Jeep Wrangler looks like after a 60mph collision..

easterbun

I'm shocked, honestly, that it doesn't look worse... our IL's borrowed our car, and a drunk driver pulled out in front of them on Christmas while they were driving highway speeds - with NO time to do anything to react. The drunk driver was EJECTED from his car (which was totalled) and life-flighted to the hospital.. everyone in the jeep (including my 10 week old neice!!) is fine.. some bruises and scrapes, but no major injuries.

2141685638_d01716b8fa_o.jpg

2140894089_7492b9db0e_o.jpg

DH is pretty set on trading it in once it's fixed, and I don't blame him.. I'm not sure I'd fully trust it to fare the same in another accident. He totally wants to get another one though - since being in the Jeep that night likely saved most of his family :love:

ADS

MomToEliEm

Wow, that is amazing that there wasn't more damage. Glad to hear everyone in the jeap were not hurt to badly. I hope the other driver recovers from his injuries.

mom2riley

Wow, that is incredible. You should send the pics into Jeep. I am w/you and your hubby I would definitly trade it in for a new one once it is repaired.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
60 mph and it looks like it sustained little visible damage, wow. Nice 5-star frontal ratings according to NHTSA's results for the '08 model. :thumbsup: Glad your family is alright and hope the other driver recovers and reforms, yikes.

skipspin

Makes me feel the love for mine! :love:
(I didn't know anyone else on here had a 4 door JK!)

I saw a pic of one rear-ended at 60 mph and the Jeep had very little damage at all, and all occupants were fine. The Motero (I think that's what it was) that hit them, well, it had to be cut open to get the driver out!.

skipspin

60 mph and it looks like it sustained little visible damage, wow. Nice 5-star frontal ratings according to NHTSA's results for the '08 model. :thumbsup: Glad your family is alright and hope the other driver recovers and reforms, yikes.

Mine has side airbags for the front seats. I wonder why they didn't test it that way? It's one of the few extra things we added when we ordered ours.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I noticed that, too. NHTSA doesn't list side impact test results yet. Maybe when they do conduct side impact tests, the test Jeep will have the side airbags?

easterbun

Makes me feel the love for mine! :love:
(I didn't know anyone else on here had a 4 door JK!)

My husband wanted one SO BADLY last year, that we actually bought the very first one on the lot in our metro area :whistle: Of course it just happened to be the color he wanted with the options he was looking to get, so it worked out.

I am very impressed with it though.. my Caliber also has a 5star crash rating, but I don't think it would do quite so well in a similar crash. I think part of the reason there's so little visible damage is because the other car was a Kia Spectra.. so the jeep's bumper took most of the impact and the smaller car was completely demolished (and if the driver hadn't been thrown from the car, I'm sure he'd be dead - not saying that's a good excuse for NOT wearing your seatbelt, since the guy is still in very bad shape). Things would probably have been a little different against a larger vehicle.

I am just so glad the Jeep did such a great job of protecting DH's family - I'm very glad we weren't in the car though.. :eek:

skipspin

My husband wanted one SO BADLY last year, that we actually bought the very first one on the lot in our metro area :whistle: Of course it just happened to be the color he wanted with the options he was looking to get, so it worked out.

I am just so glad the Jeep did such a great job of protecting DH's family - I'm very glad we weren't in the car though.. :eek:

We ordered ours the first day the dealer let us! We wanted a soft top, so we had to wait until May to get it.

Oh, and I did over $3000 damage to an Avalon and got a small stress mark on my front bumper.:whistle: My first car wreck and I'd only had the Jeep 2 months. :eek: At least I didn't have to replace anything on my car.

easterbun

Yeah, it also used to be about 8" forward of it's current position ;)

The Kia really took most of the damage.. which I don't find surprising.

skaterbabs

Let's just say the first words out of my mouth when I saw the pics were not fit for little ears! LOL Then I informed DH I want one..... :whistle:

Stretchy Glue

DH has always swore by the Jeep's bumper that sticks out. I think I want one now! I can't wait for him to get home and see what this looks like. That's one tough Jeep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC