Interesting Foreign Seat

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Checking out Spanish seats from another thread, and noticed this one:

View attachment 1002

My Spanish isn't that good, but it sounds like it's a convertible carseat with adjustable sides! Seems like it would be a nice feature.

Last edited:
ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
1.jpg

It's actually a really neat seat. Looking at it some more, I'm fairly certain it is the Bebe Confort. It's one we almost bought for dsd, though we decided to go for a Britax instead, since the other kids had Britax seats too. :shrug-shoulders:

In the UK, it retails for 129 quid, which is like $240ish.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
The bebeconfort website lists 7 different "Welcome" sites, each in a different language... I recognize Spanish, English (UK), German, French... probably Italian, I'm not sure.

They have a website that shows the different countries - looks like Russia and alllll those countries up in that vicinity, South Africa, South America, all of Europe.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Oh yeah, sorry - I should have posted what it was!
http://www.elcorteingles.es/multitienda/producto/producto.asp?hddref=34377&cpam=149&tpam=scm

That site seemed to indicate 0-18 kg, but possibly the "0" was referring to age? Or perhaps even a typo - the first part says "0-18 kg" but then further down it says 0-4 years. :shrug-shoulders:

Anyway, at first I thought the "vibra-motion" in the pic I posted was some sort of safety feature. "Look, the sides will move as your child slams into them!" LOL! But then after reading I figured out they were adjustable and thought that was actually a neat feature.

minismom

Oh yeah, sorry - I should have posted what it was!
http://www.elcorteingles.es/multitienda/producto/producto.asp?hddref=34377&cpam=149&tpam=scm

That site seemed to indicate 0-18 kg, but possibly the "0" was referring to age? Or perhaps even a typo - the first part says "0-18 kg" but then further down it says 0-4 years. :shrug-shoulders:
QUOTE]

The 0-18Kg is not a typo, it's really saying zero kilos. Weird, but everytime I've seen a seat weigh range listed in kilos it starts from zero if it can be used for a newborn. I guess they figure it doesn't matter what the birth weigh is if the infant can fit safely in the seat than it's ok? I don't know but I've never seen any seat say 2 or 2.5kg to 18 or 25kg. It starts with zero or 9kgs.
Look at this from the Swedish Britax website I was just drooling over: the last line has the weight:

Hi-Way 2008
För barn upp till 4 år
Godkänd för barn upp till 25 kg.
Testad i grupp 0, 1 och 2 enligt nya ECE R44 rev. 04 standarden, 0-25 kg.

minismom

Usually the ones that say 0 to 18/25 are convertibles and the ones that start at 9 are FF. makes sense i guess. but sometimes it's the only way for me to tell if a seat is a convertible or not cause the add doesn't always say.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC