Britax parkway discontinued?

mamaofthree

I keep seeing it on sale for cheap, and I *thought* I remembered reading that it is discontinued. What are they replacing it with? Or do they just want us to buy the Monarch? Right Start has it for $50, but I'd hate to buy it and then lust after something else they release in its place.

Kimberly

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have not heard of a replacement seat for the Parkway. I did hear they are being discontinued. I think they want consumers to purchase the Monarch.

seamonkeys

How long do kids (on average) fit in the Parkway? It would expire when DS1 is 10, so I'm thinking I could get a few years of use out of it.

I'm really tempted to buy one for future use! They were $70 at Right Start just yesterday, and now $50 makes me more tempted!!! I'd prefer it over the Monarch - saw it in person and it's so bulky!!

groovymom2000

Hmmm..$50? I may have to get one, although if I bring home another booster seat my DH may shoot me! I think it is being discontinued. My DS prefers his Monarch to the Parkway, but the Parkway is better in some situations, and I could see myself using....it's much easier for a kid to buckle than the Monarch.

Morganthe

I checked around on some other sites and Right Start seems to have the only sale/clearance on the Parkway. If Tiffany style was in stock, I'd be completely tempted even though I won't need a booster for at least another 18 months.

Even with the $9.95 additional shipping fee, it's a good buy as long as there's not a B&M store in your state. Then you also have to factor in sales tax... another $5-8. :shrug-shoulders:

LOL, I can talk myself out of anything. I was so hept on this until I added in all the little costs ;)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
How long do kids (on average) fit in the Parkway? It would expire when DS1 is 10, so I'm thinking I could get a few years of use out of it.

I'm really tempted to buy one for future use! They were $70 at Right Start just yesterday, and now $50 makes me more tempted!!! I'd prefer it over the Monarch - saw it in person and it's so bulky!!

The Monarch is bulkier. It is also more sturdier IMO.

These are the recommendations for the Parkway:

Parkway

Child
Weight
30 lbs. - 100 lbs.

Standing
Height
up to 60''

Seated
Shoulder Height
14'' - 20''

skaterbabs

the Parkway is being discontinued because the buyers for the big stores (TRU, ect) didn't buy them in as large of quantities as Britax prefers. Why? Because the seat doesn't have armrests. The buyers are convinced parents won't buy a seat without armrests, so they don't order very many.

This is straight from a conversation I had the the Britax rep at Lifesavers.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yep, the Britax rep told me they're replacing the Parkway with the Monarch for the reason Becky stated.... I told the rep to take the message home that if they make the Parkway into a high weight COMBINATION seat they'd have plenty of families wanting it! :whistle:

Most kids tend to outgrow the Parkway at about 10 yrs. old -- the preteens in my family who do pass the 5 Step Test in most vehicles still actually fit the Parkway :twocents:

Mama2J

Hmmm, now I'm considering buying one for future use too. That was the one that I wanted eventually, and I don't care for the Monarch. If it's good for 6 years, it would expire when my son is 10, which I'm thinking would be as long as he would need a booster for anyway.

ETA: I just checked and Right Start is out of stock in all the colors. Oh well, I guess when the time comes, I'll just ask you all for recommendations, or see what other new seats may be out by then.

Last edited:

skaterbabs

CJ is ][ this close to outgrowing the Parkway (and actually has depending on the configuration of the vehicle in which he's riding.) He'll be eleven years and six months the end of January.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I guess when the time comes, I'll just ask you all for recommendations, or see what other new seats may be out by then.
Although it hasn't been released yet I'm fond of the Sunshine Kids Monterey :) But, yes if you can't find a Parkway, there will likely be other very good options to choose from....

seamonkeys

The Right Start still has the Granite left online.

And, I just called them to see what they had in-store and ask why they were on sale. She said because they are clearing out the old colors - she said they'll be getting new colors! I should have asked more detail, cause now I'm not sure if she meant just different colors than they've been selling or if Britax is actually going to have new colors!

I'm still debating getting one! It's such a great deal that I feel like I shouldn't pass it up!!

mamaofthree

I can't decide on the Granite or Tiffany. After shipping and tax, the Granite on Right Start isn't that much cheaper than Tiffany on other sites. DD would love Tiffany, but Granite will hide dirt. Hmmmmm..................

Kimberly

seamonkeys

I can't decide on the Granite or Tiffany. After shipping and tax, the Granite on Right Start isn't that much cheaper than Tiffany on other sites. DD would love Tiffany, but Granite will hide dirt. Hmmmmm..................

Kimberly

Yeah, I don't even know their shipping costs - thankfully I live 10 minutes away from one of their stores!

Mama2J

Ok I went back to the Right Start site and see that they now are in stock in Granite. I'm not sure if I like that color though. I know I shouldn't complain for $50!

I read the thread about the Monterey, and although it looks similar to the Monarch, I like the fact that it has LATCH and goes to such a high weight/height. Heck, I could probably fit in that booster when J's not using it! Maybe I will wait for that one. I really don't need one until he's 50 pounds or so anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC