LE vs Hanna - Fleece infant snowsuits!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I bought my newborn a Hanna Andersson Cozy Fleece Warmup Suit in size 60 (22-26 in.; 10-16 lbs.; 2-6 mos.). I have own several of these in larger sizes and have always found them to work well in carseats. They are thin, warm and soft.

I found the 60 to be a little too big, so I ordered a Lands End Solid Fleece Bunting in size 0-3M (22"-25"; 9-12 lbs.). (This item is not available in LE's smallest size, Newborn: 19"-22"; 6-9 lbs.)

The LE suit is about a quarter of an inch longer than the HA suit in the inseam; this may be to accommodate the flip cuffs on the LE suit. Otherwise, they are identical in both the torso and sleeve length. Both are too long for my 23", cloth-diapered, 6-week-old baby, and a lot of that excess length is in the torso, where the added bulk can affect the harness fit in a carseat. They certainly fit better now than they did 2-4 weeks ago, but I would still recommend going a size smaller than the chart indicates you'll need, even if it means having to buy the next size up before winter ends.

ADS

Michi

We have the toddler-sized fleece L.E. snowsuit and I LOVE it. I think it is just right for the car seat. It keeps my DD warm w/o being too bulky!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I definitely still like them. I just think the sizing is off in the small sizes, which isn't a problem if you're just carrying the baby around outside, but can be a safety issue when dealing with carseats. I'll still be recommending them just with info added about my sizing experience. :thumbsup:

PixieEMT

Hi, I'm new here. Melizerd told me about this site. I post over on Ivillage. Some one posted about fleece carseat ponchos over there. My DS is 15 months 26# and 34" RF in a Marathon and Scenera. We live in PA and it gets pretty cold here.

The carseat ponchos (www.carseatponchos.com) were all on backorder so I made my own. Here's the link and pattern I used.
http://www.marcusbrothers.com/makeit/projects/no-sew_poncho/detail.html

It cost me about $10 to make a double thick fleece poncho. It doesn't have a hood so I use a hat. (No big deal) There is no zipper so you have to lift it up a bit to buckle the harness. I saved alot of $$. Thought I would share it with everyone. I cut off about 6" of the full yard for my DS and he wears a 2T.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC