FPSVD pics (2 different sized kids) and questions!

munchkin

I just got this and thought I would take a few pictures for comparison!

The first child is 34 months, 36.5", torso 13.5", and 33 pounds.
The second child is 2.5 months, ?", torso 10ish" (hard to measure a baby!), and 13.5 pounds.

DSC00047a.jpg

2nd to top slots, but plenty of growing room!
DSC00051a.jpg

Right at the slots.
DSC00050-1.jpg

DSC00038a.jpg

Holding on the the clip for dear life!
DSC00043a.jpg

Right at the slots.
DSC00040-1.jpg

Obviously this is not installed in a car, but does everything look good? The older child is riding in a husky, so don't really have to worry about her, although it is nice to have it for her just in case. This will be the babies carseat. How much of an angle should I aim for when installing? Can the FPSVD be braced against the front seat? I have a focus so I really need it too. Thanks for any help!!

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Not sure about your install questions - okay, it should be at a 45 degree angle, and the straps need to come out below the baby's shoulders - but needed to say HEY! That's my grandparents sofa!

This is made further funny by the fact that your carpets/rugs look just like theirs too. LOL

munchkin

but needed to say HEY! That's my grandparents sofa!

This is made further funny by the fact that your carpets/rugs look just like theirs too. LOL

Hilarious, because these were taken at my grandmother's house! So I should wait to use it a little while until the straps are further down. I have an infant bucket, and I hate it, but will use it if he is safer.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm half tempted to ask you if we're cousins, because the rugs, the sofa, they are totally the same.

But nah, then I couldn't be the black sheep!!! If I had a cousin who - gasp! - actually spent money on a carseat, they might think I was "normal." Because we all know expired thrift store and yard sale seats are just as good as that fancy Regent you've got in your backseat there. :rolleyes:

ETA: If the straps are in the bottom slots, they are close enough. If you hate your bucket, there is no reason why you can't use the FPSVD now.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Good pics!

For DD as long as whe is not above the harness slot it looks fine. If she does go above it when it is installed then you will need to move it up. It is fine to have that much space between the shoulder nad harness when FF. The harness just needs to be AT ot above the shoulder.

With a 2.5 month olds you will probably still want a 45 degree angle on the install. Once he gains better head control you can put him more upright, but no more than 30 degrees.

The straps are fine on the baby. As long as the are AT or below the shoulders this is acceptable.

Yes the FPVD can be braced from what I have read. The manual does not say it needs to have any clearance as other manual do.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yes the FPVD can be braced from what I have read. The manual does not say it needs to have any clearance as other manual do.

good to know, since my sister failed to bring her manula with her when she came and i installed her EFTA for her. (Because, apparently, the firmly repeated "do not forget the manual, I MUST have the manual in order to install the seat" is somehow difficult to understand) *sigh* I wasn't sure if it was allowed and had no way to look it up.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
good to know, since my sister failed to bring her manula with her when she came and i installed her EFTA for her. (Because, apparently, the firmly repeated "do not forget the manual, I MUST have the manual in order to install the seat" is somehow difficult to understand) *sigh* I wasn't sure if it was allowed and had no way to look it up.

Glad I could help! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC