is the Baby Bargains forum linked to this one?

minismom

I was checking out the baby bargain's website to see what they're saying about carseats over there (got curious after the RA question someone posted here) and I noticed they have a Car seat safety faq that has some pretty good info, and there's posts by people I recognize from here. and the format looks the same. Do some of you guys post there too, or are they linking to posts here or something? I'm just curious!

here's the link to the forum I'm talking about:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=130402

ADS

USmominOz

I sometimes post...they just changed the format and now it looks like this board. I also founf another board that look like this one too. It must be very popular.

Last edited:

Holly

So baby bargains gives out good car seat info?
I'm planning to buy their latest book for my friend who is pregnant with her first. I had the 2005 edition when I was pregnant with my first, they dont have a lot of car seat tips but a lot of the seats available today werent listed in it then.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No, the book sucks for carsesat advice, but the board is great (Can I say that? I'm the mod there, lol)

The two aren't linked at all, except for some of the same posters :)

Until a couple weeks ago, they had a completely different format, they *just* changed to this Vbulletin forum server.

:)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yup, some members in common and now Jools is an official Mod. there. :love: I'm guilty of being less active over there now because I feel so redundant, lol, and this board keeps me busy. :) Jools does such an awesome job over there, and I originally assumed she was a mod. way back when I first found that board. Congrats again on the long overdue official Baby Bargains moderator status. :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks again :). After 5 years and 11 thousand posts, it's a nice recognition :) And also I have to thank Heather (murphydog77) for writing to them and recommending me.

Auntie2Avi

I post on the BBB forums but not usually in the carseat dept. Julie usually has it covered and there is not a ton of traffic in that dept.

minismom

No, the book sucks for carsesat advice, but the board is great (Can I say that? I'm the mod there, lol)

The two aren't linked at all, except for some of the same posters :)

Until a couple weeks ago, they had a completely different format, they *just* changed to this Vbulletin forum server.

:)

Julie,
After I posted my original question I kept reading the forum at BB and saw you're a moderator there. :bow: Congrats! I was quite impressed, I was shocked that the forum has such great car seat advice, because the book sucks in that area. Being such a big fan of the book otherwise I actually went to the site to see if there was a way to contact them asking them to include stuff abour ERF and HWH in the book. I only skimmed the latest edition (and wasn't too happy seeing they gave CR tests way too much credit), but I read the previous edition a bunch of times and they don't say much beyong the 1y20lbs "rule" and even discourage buying a seat that harnesses to 65lbs. I'm sure you know all that. But since you have some power in there, any chance you can try and get them to include basic ERF and HWH in the book too? It would reach a lot more people than the website forum...

minismom

So baby bargains gives out good car seat info?
I'm planning to buy their latest book for my friend who is pregnant with her first. I had the 2005 edition when I was pregnant with my first, they dont have a lot of car seat tips but a lot of the seats available today werent listed in it then.

I think the book is still great for everything else! I'd give it to your friend anyway (I just gave it to my friend) and just tell her to come here (or the BB forum, I guess) for carseat advice!

Splash

The book is fine for most stuff, but most of their car seat info is just dead wrong (wizard FF only, MA not worth it for tall kids because they'll outgrow it before 65 pounds, has calimed for YEARS despite myself (and others) writing them multiple times that the RA has side LATCH bars and two straps, etc etc etc).

I started on that board, and was very active there for a long time before coming here. I haven't posted there in months, and I much prefer their old format (I like the vbulletin on this board, but not on that board... mostly because I get used to a certain board being a certain way, and it changes the whole feel of the place when that changes).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC