Question on Evenflo and Would you do this??

momof2kiddos

I have a 2006 Decathlon and though it has been a good carseat,I am so tired of the Harness Adjuster.It isn't bad but it is fustrating to deal with.I am thinking of just buying DS(stats are in siggy)A Evenflo Triumph Advance.Would you do that or would you just keep using your britax?

If you have one:
What are the top slot stats?
Is it really comfy for your DC?
Is it easy to install?
Is the harness adjuster esay to use?
Oh and what is the weight limit RF on this seat?

My issue is my car does not have good ratings on side crashes and unforuntly both of my kids have to stay outerboard :( and I do not know if the Evenflo Triumph Advance has deep side wings and will be a better choice then the decathlon in my case.

Oh and I don't wan't to give up all the pretty covers,LOL,but I think the harness asdjuster would be SOOO much easier.

As you can tell I am confused,LOL,so what would you do as a parent or tech or whatever:p

ADS

Melizerd

Well I don't own an EFTA but I've played with them in the store.

The listed harness height is 17 inches

Rear faces to 35lbs, FFs to 50lbs

I know several people really like it and so do their kids but since I don't have one I'm just going by word of mouth.

It doesn't seem as deep as my MA but I've only seen it in the store not right next to the MA

I think the harness adjuster is different but once you get the hang of it it's easy.

I don't think there are any pretty covers :(

jdchic3

I really liked it in the store and if I couldn't have afforded a Britax for DS that's what I'd have gotten. I think if I were you I'd keep using my Britax though. It has the RF tether which helps in side impact collisions, which is where your vehicle is lacking. (Mine too!) If you do decide to get the EFTA though, the sandbox cover is really nice and super plush and for a non-Britax cover, it's really cute.

arly1983

Here is my reveiw of the EFTA

I like it better than any of the 65 lb Britax Convertables.

As for the RFing tether, there is no proof one way or the other.

I can feel your pain on the DC, I only had one for a week, and the adjuster just seems to get worse with time.

ETA: Forgot to mention as of Wednesday, I will be replacing the EFTA that I let my mom have. I really missed its versatility.

momof2kiddos

I really liked it in the store and if I couldn't have afforded a Britax for DS that's what I'd have gotten. I think if I were you I'd keep using my Britax though. It has the RF tether which helps in side impact collisions, which is where your vehicle is lacking. (Mine too!) If you do decide to get the EFTA though, the sandbox cover is really nice and super plush and for a non-Britax cover, it's really cute.

My ds is too big to RF so the RF teether doesn't matter to me,my DD has a marahton and I like hers a lot the adjuster is way easier.

momof2kiddos

Here is my reveiw of the EFTA

I like it better than any of the 65 lb Britax Convertables.

As for the RFing tether, there is no proof one way or the other.

I can feel your pain on the DC, I only had one for a week, and the adjuster just seems to get worse with time.

Arly do you have a EFTA?I am going to go to babiesrus today and try it out.

momof2kiddos

I like the sandbox one too ;)

jdchic3

Well if the RF doesn't matter then I'd go for it! Like I said, I really liked it when I tried DS in it in store, and as a general rule i don't really like ANY evenflo products (except the exersaucer). They just don't usually appeal to me. I was actually surprised that I liked it so much!

arly1983

Arly do you have a EFTA?I am going to go to babiesrus today and try it out.

I have owned a Sandbox EFTA for about 4 weeks (6 weeks?) and we have really enjoyed it.

I passed it own to my mom, as it fit all of her grandkids and her car and she liked it.

I returned my Como, and sold my Signo, and I am getting another EFTA.

bethng

I would call britax (Like I did!) and tell them the problem. They sent me a new one and I dont have the issues with the adjuster anymore!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I play with the EFTA every time I go to the store. I like it more every time! I just want to add that the floor models seem to get a LOT of abuse, probably because the harness system is so different that it gets noticed. I've found seats where they infinite adjust wasn't working right, and one seat where someone had tightened the unbuckled harness so much that it was stuck. :(

These are things that might make you hestitate to buy if you were just trying out the store model, but I don't think it's the kind of abuse that anyone is going to "accidentally" inflict on the seat when actually using it.

Anyway, if I were buying a convertible right now, and Britax wasn't an option, I'd be seriously considering the EFTA, too.

Yoshi

To the OP- that is my old DC you bought- and the harness "Fix" kit came to me in the mail- empty. I called Britax and they were going to send me another one- which I would have forwarded to you but it never came- If I were you I'd just call them and complain you never got your kit!:twocents: BTW- I have the EFTA, and my DD still has room whereas in the DC, she wouldn't. It is a nice seat and I love it!

veggiegirl228

We have 2 of them. We like it, it wasn't to bad to install in our cars. I like having the handles on the side to adjust the harness. DD likes it, it's like a mini recliner.

CandCfam

I really like the EfTA. Don't have one, but have tried the girls out in it at Target.
Both have about as much room in the EfTA as they do their Marathons, harness height wise. Shoulder room and hip room wise, they have more in the EfTA.
I took pics (cell phone) of McKenzie in it today at Target, if you want to see them, let me know and I'll post them.

Both of the girls really like the seat, said it was really comfy and soft.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

momof2kiddos

I really like the EfTA. Don't have one, but have tried the girls out in it at Target.
Both have about as much room in the EfTA as they do their Marathons, harness height wise. Shoulder room and hip room wise, they have more in the EfTA.
I took pics (cell phone) of McKenzie in it today at Target, if you want to see them, let me know and I'll post them.

Both of the girls really like the seat, said it was really comfy and soft.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would love to see those,Thanks,so I could see how much room they have shoulder wise and width wise.

mominabigtruck

Both of my kids have way more room in the eta then they do in any britax seat. It is alot wider at the shoulder area and the wings are really deep. I've had mine in sandbox for a couple of months now and I really like it, its super easy to clea. The seat is also alot deeper for older kids. The only thing I had a problem with is rfing doing the harness since I bought it for my mom and her seats are weird and you couldn't adjust it. Once I put it in my car, a pt crusier, it has worked great. It's super easy to install and I've had all sorts of different sized kids in it and they all fit.:twocents:

CandCfam

I would love to see those,Thanks,so I could see how much room they have shoulder wise and width wise.

The first shows her shoulder room - I'd say she has about 1/2, maybe a bit less before even with the top slot position.

The 2nd shows the leg room.

Third shows, sort of, where her ears are in relation to the top of shell. (Not that you can see her ears *duh*, but you can make an educated guess :p)

If I make it back to Target in the next day or two, I will take my camera and take better pics.:)
ETA: McKenzie has a 16.5" torso and she weighs 45 lbs.

Last edited:

momof2kiddos

Thanks everyone.I went to babiesrus today and I LOVE this seat.It is so easy to use and m ds seems to have a lot more shoulder room and leg room so I will Defeintly be getting a EFTA and using it as ds's main seat instead of his decathlon.Plus the harness is so easy to adjust I am loving the knobs :love: I thought about a Regent but I would rather wait until he is around 4 or 5 to get one so I can just pass it down to my DD and not have to worry about it expiring before she is ready for a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC