Toys R' Us boxing week car seat sales 25% off

tiger926

Just got my Toys R' Us email for this week and selected car seats will be 25% off next week for Boxing Week. They are now carrying all 3 Britax models: Roundabout, Marathon and Parkway (Parkway was discontinued for awhile, and they've never carried the Roundabout). They still have wrong info about their car seats online, but at least, this gives more choice to customers.

http://www.toysrus.ca/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2582967&cp=2582967

They are also carrying Peg Primo Viaggio Sip, and Graco Safeseat boosters as well.

Hope this helps give someone a heads up who may be in need of new car seats as maybe your model will be on sale next week!

Happy holidays, Tiger

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting this Tiger. :)

Parents may want to call their local TRU/BRU before heading in to the store to make sure what models they are carrying. Our local store has had all 3 seats for over a year, (except when the MA is out of stock,) so it seems that it may vary by store which seats are available. :thumbsup:

(Did the flyer say what seats are on sale? I got an email one that said "select" seats up to 25% off, it would be amazing if the Britax seats were included in the sale. I don't think I've ever seen them reduced here in Canada before.)

tiger926

Thanks for posting this Tiger. :)

Parents may want to call their local TRU/BRU before heading in to the store to make sure what models they are carrying. Our local store has had all 3 seats for over a year, (except when the MA is out of stock,) so it seems that it may vary by store which seats are available. :thumbsup:

(Did the flyer say what seats are on sale? I got an email one that said "select" seats up to 25% off, it would be amazing if the Britax seats were included in the sale. I don't think I've ever seen them reduced here in Canada before.)

You are most welcome!That's interesting about the seats as the website hasn't Parkway in awhile, and it now says new for Roundabout - our store has only had Marathon for the past 18 months, as Parkway was discontinued. They told me when it's removed from website, they can't special order it either.

Email only said selected seats, so I highly doubt it will be Britax on sale, but we can hope!

Happy holidays, Tiger

snowbird25ca

I've noticed lately that their website isn't up to date with what's actually available in the store. Maybe they're still getting the bugs worked out of switching to the Canadian BRU/TRU separation on the website though? I noticed a couple weeks ago all the pictures for carseats have the CMVSS symbol in the corner, so maybe the website is still a work in progress?

For inquiring minds, I think TRU is carrying the granite parkway & roundabout, and for the MA they have crocodile and classic. I'm guessing the available patterns are the same between stores. :)

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
The last time I was in TRU, which was two weeks ago, they didn't have any britax seats. So, yeah, it would depend on the store.

ETA: Just realized this is the Canadian forum and I'm in the U.S. Sorry. I need to double check when I use the "new posts" feature.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

canadianmom2three

Definately...our store has never to my knowledge ever had Britax seats in stock...Actually, I think I would drop over from shock if I saw a britax at our TRU, or for that matter, anywhere in our town (not counting the one my sister owns, and the one I convinced my SIL to buy;))

snowbird25ca

The only Canadian TRUs I've seen Britax at have BRU sections in them ;)

-N.

Ahhh, that would make sense - our TRU does have a BRU section - that started being put in about a year ago. I never even thought of that. :eek:

The MA is available special order through their baby catalog I believe - or at least it used to be a couple years ago.

AllieCanada

Some TRU's will have Britax's in store and others won't it really depends on what class the TRU is based on the sales they generate (my DH works there which is why I know all this). All BRU's in a TRU should have them in stock or atleast that is how it is around here. If your TRU doesn't carry Britax seats you can special order them or even possibly have one sent in from another store. Our local TRU has the Roundabout in stock but if you want a Marathon or the Parkway they are special order.

cdncasper

My closest TRU doesn't have any Britax and the person working in the carseat department didn't even know they sold them or had even heard of them. Apparently they were sold out and had even sold out of the display model. Not sure about the other TRU in winnipeg.

spcamno

So can someone confirm what car seat will be included in the boxing week sale?

I am looking for an APEX 65 and still got a rain check from earlier this month sale for $149.97 ($30 off).

snowbird25ca

So can someone confirm what car seat will be included in the boxing week sale?

I am looking for an APEX 65 and still got a rain check from earlier this month sale for $149.97 ($30 off).

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Apex included - dorel seats go on sale frequently, so I could see the apex being part of this sale. All speculation of course...

spcamno

Thanks Trudy again for your prompt reply again!

If you still remember a couple of weeks ago I was able to find a CTC store sold me a radian 65 (old stock with 48 lbs label) for $99 but after some thought I returned it last week because our DS is already over 50 lbs and we have one Radian premier and a Marathon with 48 lbs label for two of our vehicles.

My intention was to replace the 48 lbs limit Marathon but after some thought what's the point buying another 48 lbs rated Radian to replace our 48 lbs Rated Marathon since we all know the Marathon is also rated for 65 recently and if I want to risk on riding on a Radian with 48 lbs limit why not save some money and keep the Marathon?

Anyway, this is not going to be long although the Marathon is good for 65 lbs but I would still buy an Apex 65 regardless (both our son's safety and comply with the law is our priority).

I was at one point thinking of buying another marathon with the new 65 lbs label but then I felt stupid by doing so because we have an exact same seat and what's the point spending another $300 for one with a newer label??????

QuassEE

IMO, the most compelling argument FOR the replacement of a seat with a 65lb stickered seat is that TC will not be testing the 48lb seats for compliance to 65lbs.. So non-compliance and failure issues could be missed in the 49-65lb range since it's not necessary that your seat pass requirements for the 49-65lb weight range. If any recalls were to be made for your seat being used within that higher range, we will never know. If that's a risk you're comfortable with, then you have your answer. If it's not something you're comfortable with...then you'll probably want to get a new seat.

We do have a few threads on this very issue in these forums already, where other good arguments have been brought up. You might want to do a search and see what other members of this forum have said on this issue within those dedicated threads.

-Nicole.

spcamno

IMO, the most compelling argument FOR the replacement of a seat with a 65lb stickered seat is that TC will not be testing the 48lb seats for compliance to 65lbs.. So non-compliance and failure issues could be missed in the 49-65lb range since it's not necessary that your seat pass requirements for the 49-65lb weight range. If any recalls were to be made for your seat being used within that higher range, we will never know. If that's a risk you're comfortable with, then you have your answer. If it's not something you're comfortable with...then you'll probably want to get a new seat.

We do have a few threads on this very issue in these forums already, where other good arguments have been brought up. You might want to do a search and see what other members of this forum have said on this issue within those dedicated threads.

-Nicole.

Thanks for your insight!

Actually I have already posted my decision: to get an APEX65 because we already have the Radian premier for our Ody and the marathon with 48 lbs label in our sedan and I have a hard time to convince myself to spend $300 on a marathon with the 65 newer rating label to replace the one with 48 lbs label so my thought will be getting the apex.

Let's hope the BRU will includes the APEX in their boxing week sale otherwise I will use my rain check to get one for $149 (their previous sale about two to three weeks ago but the store I went to don't have stock at the time).

snowbird25ca

-Nicole.

Perfect case in point - I got around to checking the id on my tether anchor on my MA. If some of you remember, there was a recall on some US MA's because the tether attachment could fail at weights above 50lbs. There was a certain DOM range, a couple different model #'s, & then an id on the tether anchor itself that was required for a seat to be affected. Of course because only 48lb MA's were available in Canada at that time period, the recall didn't affect us. My seat has a different model # due to being CDN, but the rest fits the recall. Given that information, it's quite likely had my seat been rated higher than 48lbs, it would've been involved in the recall...

I'm still curious why 50lbs was the magic weight for that recall though... a few lbs lighter and I'm betting a bunch of CDN seats would've been involved too, so I have to wonder if there is something more to that weight given, but who knows - Britax isn't a company to sweep things under the table and get by with as little as possible. I'm sure if they thought there was an issue before 50lbs, they'd have recalled our seats too. But I still wonder a little bit. And although it was highly unlikely I would've made the parental decision and used my seat past 48lbs anyways, I definitely won't now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC