3 across in 2001 subaru legacy wagon

U

Unregistered

We are expecting baby #3 in March. My daughter is 4yo and small- less than 30 lbs. She is currently in a Britax Marathon. My son is 2 and weighs about the same as his sister. He is in a Britax Roundabout. We would like to avoid buying a new car if at all possible. Any advice on placing 3 carseats across would be greatly appreciated. At this time we don't have a seat for the infant. We would even consider getting all new carseats, at a substantially less amount than buying a new car. Currently both Britax are FF and on the LATCH - in the outboard positions.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Do you have a hump in the center seat? If so, it's very unlikely.

I drive a 2001 Outback. I just played around trying to do 3 across with a MA and RA the other day (although the RA was rf). Here's a thread about it-

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=31148

There's no way I could have fit an infant seat anywhere. There's a possibility you can do it if you can get a good fit with Radians, but the Radian shell is so tall that I found it isn't a great fit in the Subarus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC