DD's torso grew!

Yoshi

I thought maybe it was just because I re-installed the Radian more upright, BUT- I measured her today in the house and it is 15.25"! And she's really close to the top slots of the Radian now- maybe 1" left. I tried her in a MA just for fun in Target last week and she was over the top slots. Her legs grew, too. I am debating whether to let her outgrow the Radian and then see if she is ready for a booster before I get a Regent (again) Perhaps we can get to 5.5 yrs with an inch of torso growth? She is 4.5 now.

ADS

Morganthe

I'd say wait and see what happens. Her growth spurt might just be good for a year or a smidge longer. Besides, she can be AT the harness height, not just under them. You have time. ;) I'd estimate 6 months minimum. Perhaps even another year. :shrug-shoulders: It all depends.
Who knows where she'll be maturity wise for a booster by then. :D

Congrats on her growing :) DD loves it when she's grown even a smidge. "Look Mommy, I can reach the Kitty when she's up high!" :rolleyes:

arly1983

Sorry...

The great news is, it is still an inch. Kids rarely grow an inch overnight. I would start worrying on the next growth spurt.

Besides you have that backup booster you can be practicing with and if you need something to bridge the gap till you get something else, that would work.

Yoshi

Yes, you are both right. It may take awhile. Actually, in one year's time, she went from below the second-to-top slots to now just under he top slots. I'm not panicking yet, though. I just wish the Compass True-Fit would be MUCH taller than the Radian- it looks like a nice seat, but I can't justify buying another harnessed seat that may only last a year.....and I really dislike the Regent for SO many reasons. One being we would probably not use it past age 7.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I thought that the MA was supposed to have 17 inch top slots. That's strange that your daughter was over the top slots at 15 1/4 inches. :confused: Did you mean to write 17 1/4 inches??

dd9736

I'd say wait and see what happens. Her growth spurt might just be good for a year or a smidge longer. Besides, she can be AT the harness height, not just under them. You have time. ;) I'd estimate 6 months minimum. Perhaps even another year. :shrug-shoulders: It all depends.
Who knows where she'll be maturity wise for a booster by then. :D

Congrats on her growing :) DD loves it when she's grown even a smidge. "Look Mommy, I can reach the Kitty when she's up high!" :rolleyes:

I look at DS1 when he grows, and think, 'oh no, even more he can get into.' I already can barely keep the mouse out of his tiny little hands, because it doesn't go any farther back, before falling off the other side, and it has such a pretty red light that he loves to look at (yikes)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am sorry. But as the others have said it could be a year or more before she grows that in in torso height.

Yoshi

I thought that the MA was supposed to have 17 inch top slots. That's strange that your daughter was over the top slots at 15 1/4 inches. :confused: Did you mean to write 17 1/4 inches??
No. The MA sits more reclined than the Radian- torso height is only one factor in how a child fits in a particular seat....when we had a Decathlon, she had a 14" torso, but was over the slots that measured 15" (second from the top).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC