Peg-Perego 2008 SIP 30-30

Mylilboyblue

Has anyone seen this seat? We just got it in stock the other day at Buy Buy Baby and it is pretty neat looking. Since I was working I wasn't able to play with it, but the covers are quite snazzy.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What does the 30-30 part mean? I had a 2008 Peg SIP seat at our check this past Tuesday. The parent said the new model has more padding on the headrest?

Is that the main difference or could you give more info? It's not a seat I've kept track of the different models and their differences as I don't see a ton, but lately they're starting to show up more & more...

eta: I LOVE your siggy pic. That blue background is just gorgeous and showcases your cutie pie so nicely. :D

NVMBR02

yeah, 30 pounds and 30 inches... I have been drooling over it for the past 2 months online.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but I love the fabrics.

Last edited:

Mylilboyblue

Yes, like the PP said it goes to 30# and 30 inches. The SIP portion is wider and larger. The seat is nice and deep and the fabric is nice too. They come in "icy" looking colors....I would have loved this seat back when my son was born. I will play with one when I go back to work next week.

The only downside is the price. $250 :eek: yikes!

Snowbird...Thank you...that picture was so hard to take! He usually looks like a deer in headlights when you put a camera infront of him!

DsnyMom

link to seat

hope that link works. I never got the other version of this seat because the limits didn't go high enough and I have big babies so the new Safeseat was my only option and I wanted the adorable jenny print in pink that it came in. However I have P3 strollers and this seat would have been nice to have. I'm not too bummed about my decision though because according to the site it doesn't come in the pink to match my P3.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
link to seat

hope that link works. I never got the other version of this seat because the limits didn't go high enough and I have big babies so the new Safeseat was my only option and I wanted the adorable jenny print in pink that it came in. However I have P3 strollers and this seat would have been nice to have. I'm not too bummed about my decision though because according to the site it doesn't come in the pink to match my P3.

Thanks for the link. I was able to access the CDN version through there. The manual isn't posted for the 2008 yet, but the description says 22lbs and 30". What a bummer if they aren't giving the higher weight limit on the CDN seats. (And how annoying that parents have the seat already but the website doesn't have the new model's manual available yet.)

I love the patterns though. Especially the dot ones.

minismom

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but does this new Peg Perego seat have the same problem as the Chicco Keyfit30? I.e. that the higher weight limit doesn't do much if they don't increase the heigh limit? Unless you know your babies are just heavy, then I guess it helps, but I thought most kids outgrew their infant seats by heigh first? I still can't believe the SS1 is still the only seat that goes to 32"

lovemyfamily

That looks nice and big. I have a Viaggio for our baby, but it is not that model. DH would KILL me if I changed my mind now. Thankfully baby has a MA waiting for him/her after he/she outgrows the Viaggio.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC