Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Is this a sensible choice?

My 4.5 year old DS is 2lbs away from outgrowing his back up seat in DHs car(a 2000 Cavalier) He is 38 lbs and 41 inch. Would the EFTA be a good choice, it would also be able to be passed down to his sister once her CS expires. Im not comfortable with him being in a booster and the Apex wont work cause there are no headrests in the Cavalier. Or should I get him a FPSVD? He still fits really well in DDs. TIA!!
    DS 9 years old, 57# 50.5in in a Evenflo Amp LBB 01 Honda Accord, Graco TB LBB 03 Honda Pilot
    DD 6 years old 43.5# 44in Recaro ProBooster 01 Honda Accord, Britax Frontier85 03 Honda Pilot

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: Is this a sensible choice?

I think so, given that it's a relatively small vehicle that you need to fit it in, you have another child to pass it down to and it's not as expensive as other HWH seats (though the pricier ones may last longer). Really, it's a toss up between the FPSVD and the EFTA. I'd probably lean toward the latter, simply because it's not going away any time soon.

i second the EFTA. my 6 yr old still fits it at 44 inches tall, and 42 lbs. and it really cushy
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

Id love to get another Regent, but there is NO way we can do that right now. I told DH that when DS hits 50 lbs(and at the rate he grows, he'll be 8) Id be ok to let be in a booster part time, then DD could have the TA, since the comfortsport expires in 2009 and I HATE that seat anyway.
    Of course I told DH that we could put DS in the FPSVD we already have and put DD in the TA so she could get 2 more lbs of RF. He rolled his eyes at me and said, I think you have a problem!!
    DS 9 years old, 57# 50.5in in a Evenflo Amp LBB 01 Honda Accord, Graco TB LBB 03 Honda Pilot
    DD 6 years old 43.5# 44in Recaro ProBooster 01 Honda Accord, Britax Frontier85 03 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by MommyBoha View Post
    He rolled his eyes at me and said, I think you have a problem!!
    welcome to the club!!!!!!
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar

Get it. You know you want to.
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

HA!! you know me to well!!