Chicco keyfit question

Misty-Bug

I have a nice Graco snugride and am not in need of an infant seat yet cause I am not pregnant but I can't help but want a new one. Look what you have all done to me. LOL:p
Now I am really wondering between the Chicco and the Graco Safe Seat 1. Will the Chicco fit into my graco stroller? I am really liking the looks of it and the body pillow thingy. Now the other thing is, do they sell them in Canada? Where?
ETA: also, they go to the 30lbs right? Does $160 seem right?? http://www.spendoo.com/1146_car-seats/Chicco-KeyFit-Infant-Car-Seat-and-Base-Notting-Hill.htm

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Chicco is not available in Canada.

It also is nowhere near as tall as the SS1. The Keyfit generally lasts to 12 months whereas the SS1 takes most kids to 18 - 24 months.

The Chicco is great for small babies (starts at 4lbs), has strap covers and a very nice infant insert (for those tiny babies).

They both have built-in lock-offs and install very easily in most vehicles.

steph

Ryan is tall (always been in the 80% plus for height and has a longer torso) and the Keyfit would have fit him to 15 months the SS1 18ish months. The Keyfit has a deep seat so while the shell may not be has high it has a deeper bottom. For me any infant seat that will last 12 months is fine (I don't think Ryan would have wanted to be that reclined much past 12 months anyway).:twocents:

However, I guess it's kind of a moot point since they don't have the Keyfit in Canada:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC