Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Can you return a car seat if it doesnt fit in your car?

I want to get the marathon or diplomat but I am scared that it wont fit my small sentra.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Can you return a car seat if it doesnt fit in your car?

It depends on the store. Most will let you try them out before buying, however. Do you have a Babies R Us or an upscale baby store nearby or will you be buying over the internet? Lots of internet stores will accept returns but you'll probably have to pay shipping and a 'restocking' fee which can be pricey.
    Paula, CPST and mom to Sage (5/08/03) Kai (2/27/06) and Rowan (2/26/09)

As Cedarmom said BRU and some baby specialty stores will let you try it out first. If you order online pay close attention to the return policy. Some will require fees. Allbeebaby is pretty good about returns from what I have heard.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

get to a baby store! buy buy baby let me take out a marathon and maxi cosi today to my van!