I just sideswiped my car...

Dillipop

...on a snowbank...

...coming out of my parents' driveway...

...going 2 mph!

There is a small dent in the passenger side back door. Ugh! At least it's the older car and we aren't worried about appearances on it. (It has a dent on the driver side rear door from who knows what and the bumper cover has a crack in it.)

ADS

beeman

Oooh, definitely post pictures. The stupidest dents come from slow speeds. My truck is full of less than 10mph dents :rolleyes: .

southpawboston

yep. sheet metal on cars is getting thinner and thinner, and it takes nothing to dent a body panel these days. oh well, good thing it happened on the older car that you don't care as much about.

i'm freaking out about the potential of scrubbing up to an "ice" bank. since the two back-to-back storms a few days ago, there are these huge frozen embankments from the street plows that stick three feet out from the curb. not only am i worried about brushing up against them when street parking, but i'm also worried about getting side-swiped being so far out into the street!

Dillipop

Yep, it seems like our car is sitting in the middle of the street. Not a lot of clearance between passing cars and parked cars. It doesn't help that our street still has inches of slushy frozen snow covering it in places.

(We didn't get quite as much snow as you...we got mostly freezing rain on Sunday, so nice thick icy banks here, too.)

ThreeBeans

Times like this I'm glad I live no where near a city. Right now though our road is reduced to a single lane and the snow is piled up 5 feet outside of the sidewalks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC