Quick Vinegar solution on harness?

Melizerd

Is any vinegar water solution okay to clean a carseat harness?

I have one momma who's going to argue with me (she argues about EVERYTHING carseat related with me) but if I can get the OP to at least know that vinegar isn't okay I think she'll listen to me.

I feel like vinegar would NOT be okay, even diluted with water and only spot cleaned but I'd like some back up on it :D

ADS

Melizerd

ooh good to know! I'm glad that it's one of the things we CAN use.

I just have a problem with one mom on my playgroup that likes to stir the pot in a lot of things and especially carseats. She makes her own covers :rolleyes: need I say more?

I didn't want any bad info past onto someone. THANKS!!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
For me persoanlly I would not be comfortable using vinegar unless it was very diluted. It cleans my coffee pot rather well and we have very hard calcified water, so I know it is pretty stong. I prefer a baking soda paste to get the stink out of a harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC