Graco Contempo

jdchic3

So, does anyone have a Graco Contempo? How about a Fisher-Price Aquarium or Rainforest high chair? These are the ones I'm really looking at. Any input is appreciated! :D

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have a friend that has the FP Aquarium one and loves it. She leaved it low so her DD can get in and out on her own. I might have the contempo. If it is the on that folds really thin I have it. It is at my sisters house. I love it. are you looking to buy one or are you just curious how they are liked?

The fact you can adjust the height is the best feature to me.

jdchic3

Yes, I'm looking to buy one of the two. The Contempo IS the one that folds really small, comes ready to use out of the box etc. I have a Chicco Polly and I HATE it. It's really very sturdy, but that's where the advantages end. So, I'm wondering what people thing of these chairs because I've been looking for quite some time and have narrowed it down to these two.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yes, I'm looking to buy one of the two. The Contempo IS the one that folds really small, comes ready to use out of the box etc. I have a Chicco Polly and I HATE it. It's really very sturdy, but that's where the advantages end. So, I'm wondering what people thing of these chairs because I've been looking for quite some time and have narrowed it down to these two.

I have the comtempo then. My sister uses it at her house for my nephew. My other sister has the transitions highchair. I love it. I have considered getting one. We use the FP space saver at home.

Ashley_R

DO you mind elaborating on your hate for the chicco? Its my top pick!

My SIL had the FP Aquarium chair for my nephew and liked it ok. The folding feature is a joke. They even have it stored unfolded and the few times they took it along to family functions they put it in the car unfolded.

jdchic3

The tray is HUGE, not in a good way. The second tray is MUCH to large to fit in ANY dishwasher. There's a groove all the way around the tray, where the plastice meets, and food gets clogged in there and I have to use a butter knife to clean it out once in a while. The way the seat pad is sort of folded at the edges when you put it on the chair hides food and you ahve to take the whole thing off to really clean it. The pad is not machine washable (trust me, don't try it), although neither are most other high chair pads. The tray is too high for a young child. My DD is finally growing tall enough to be comfortable in it at 2.5. Hmm....is that enough reasons!? Lol. The construction is really great though. It's the sturdiest high chair I've ever come across. I just wish they fixed the things that were wrong with it. I've considered getting my mom to just make me sme fabric covers I can wash, but that's not really what I want. It folds great too, but I don't ever use that feature.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC