Fresno, CA area techs?

Melizerd

Anyone in the Fresno area? I have a friend in Visalia, CA that is going to need a seat check for her Marathon when it comes.

TIA!

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I'll be in the Visalia area after the first of the year. I'll get there the 2nd or 3rd and stay for a week. PM me w/more information.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I'm in Hanford... about 20 minutes away from Visalia. Though, I've never installed a Marathon... sad, huh? At least one of the other girls on Delphi is a Britax whiz, though. Not that I'd be worried about the install... MA's are supposed to be easy peasy.

Or, maybe I could tag team with someone...

Last edited:

mommyto4

I'm about 40-45 minutes from Visalia. I'm not a tech, but have installed many Britax seats (Freeway, Roundabout, Decathlon, Boulevard, Husky, Regent). I've had my seats checked by techs and all have been impressed with my installs. I also live close to Nora and know her. Maybe between Nora and myself, we could get it taken care or. Let us know.

Melizerd

wow thanks ladies. I'm looking for a lady that's a member of my ivillage playgroup. She just ordered a MA from albee today and she's not worried about installing it but rather tethering so I wanted to make sure she got someone who know how to do that :D

I'll get her info and PM someone :D

beebear23

Senior Community Member
wow thanks ladies. I'm looking for a lady that's a member of my ivillage playgroup. She just ordered a MA from albee today and she's not worried about installing it but rather tethering so I wanted to make sure she got someone who know how to do that :D

I'll get her info and PM someone :D

I have owned a MA and RA, and have used them RF tethered for 3+ years. If she can wait until Jan., I'll be more than happy to help.

I don't think it would really be a good idea for a non-tech to do it.. Just for liability reasons.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I'm in Hanford... about 20 minutes away from Visalia. Though, I've never installed a Marathon... sad, huh? At least one of the other girls on Delphi is a Britax whiz, though. Not that I'd be worried about the install... MA's are supposed to be easy peasy.

Or, maybe I could tag team with someone...

Tha MA is hte easiest seat I have ever installed. I know you can do it :love:. It can be a little tricky if they want the belt under the cover if the are RF. Make sure you put it under the foam to. I takethe latch hooks out of the pockets in the cover and lift up the sides and front ogf the cover. Then I thread the seatbelt through and buckle it. I then pull the front of the cover back down. Put seat belt into ALR mode and push down on seat while tightening the seatbelt at the buckle. Once it is tight enough I close the lockoff and feed the excess belt back into the retractor. close the other lockoff so it does not get broke off. Check the MA for less than 1 inch of movement. Tighten more if neccesary. When it is how I like it then I pullthe sides down and put the latch connectors back in the pockets on the cover and do the RF tether. If the parent is not confident on being walked though I will show them first and then take the MA back out and have them do it. SOmetimes seeing it first helps. Try to walk them through first though.

Now if it is a LATCH install it is even easier. I do not know the stats on the child, but if the are FF and using LATCH make sure to switch the LATCH connectors. There is a video of thison this page. I can't get it to work for some reason. But it is helpful. The other videos are great too.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
That is great her mama knows RFing is safer :love: Hopefully what I posted will help Nora or someone else that may help her to install the seat easier.

Melizerd

Yeah my play group on Ivillage is great. They've actually LISTENED to me. I think 90% of our 1 year olds (all of the kids are December born unless they were early or late) are going to continue to rearface for some amount of time after 1 and 20 :D :love:

Nora-I'll PM you her name and email address and let her know you're in the area :D

Melizerd

lol she might but since she knows I'm neurotic she'd probably be okay.

Have fun doing it!! I can't wait to hear how it went.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC