Leg Pain from sleeping in Carseat

boysrus

I am looking for thoughts and ideas to help my ds who is about to turn 4. He is 41.5 inches tall and about 35 lbs. He has cried out from leg pain (he can't describe it) when he sleeps in the car. It happens everytime he sleeps and he starts crying after about an hour. I am not sure if his legs fall asleep or actually hurt. We have used a number of seats for him, and I bought a Regent about a month ago. He loves his new seat, but tonight we had the same old problem. I am not sure what else to try. My other boys have not had this issue.

Jennifer

ADS

Holly

Do his legs just dangle in front of him?
You can use a styrofoam cooler for him to put his feet on, or make a foot rest out of pool noodles, just cut one to the length of the seat in the front, and put string through it, and tie the string through the beltpath in the back of the seat, so the noodle is attached and hanging in front of the seat and can be used as a foot rest.
Those are soft and safe during a crash, but might help take pressure off his legs.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.
Good Luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC